We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
The guesthouse provided exactly what they promise: a cheap room and pretty good food. The local staff were very nice and understanding. We took the half day tour, which was excellent: the guide was great and showed us all sorts of stuff, most notably the...More
We stayed at Greenleaf in mid March and, after reading some of the reviews, I must admit that I was a bit sceptical before I went but after, I've got nothing but praise. Our guides, Joe and Lee, were brilliant. We saw gibbons, elephant and...More
i just sleep here because i book the tour to Khao Yai National park. the room was very basic, cold water no air con, but the weather was chilly anyway.
the tour was great we saw a lot of animals, crocodile, monkeys and we even...More
Stayed here for 2 nights while doing the tour with the same company. Absolutely incredible. It was recommended to us just as we were about to book through another tour operator and we are SO glad we listened! Joe and Lee have so much passion...More
This is a basic, but very clean budget/backpacker guesthouse. The rooms are very inexpensive and the rear grounds are quiet and peaceful, even though near the highway. They also offer an inexpensive Thai food restaurant. They are set up for guests who take one of...More
1) we took the 8:30ish a.m. train from Ayuthaya to Pakchong and it took about 2 hours, this I can confirm. There's different types of train, from faster to very slow. I got the timetable. I'll try to send it to... More
1) we took the 8:30ish a.m. train from Ayuthaya to Pakchong and it took about 2 hours, this I can confirm. There's different types of train, from faster to very slow. I got the timetable. I'll try to send it to you.
2) if you don't want to miss the afternoon tour, you should arrive at Packchong by 1p.m. That's what the hotel suggested to us. There will be someone waiting for you for sure.
3) the aircon rooms at the back were 1,000 baths I think in December 2015. We were not staying there, but a French couple showed us. The rooms are bigger and look more comfy than the basic one at 300 baths. Not sure I'd call them "luxurious" though. Remember that the Greenleaf is a backpacker hotel.
4) The advantage of this hotel is that they are VERY WELL organized. The guides got the eyes to find all kind of animals. With luck, you might see elephants like we did. They seem to go in places where nobody else is going, even when the park is full with people.
5) Night tour from 3 p.m. to 8p.m more of less; day tour from 9a.m. to 5 or 6p.m. If you ask them you'll have a better idea.
6) going back to the train station after the day tour shouldn't be a problem. They surely had the same request before.
7) Enjoy the food there. It's good.
Hope that helps