stayed for one night this month. everywhere i looked, there was a problem. the stone walkway in front of our room had huge loose stones- very trippable. the room was very 1960's dated. curtains were held together by a huge clip. there were paint stains and chips every corner of the room and bathroom. the wall paper was coming off on most seams. i was afraid to unpack anything. i kept my shoes on as the carpet looked dirty and had visible stains. this place was very scary and could have been a set for a horror movie. i didn't sleep well.
I stayed here for one night in February. Place is clean, quiet and friendly staff. However, room was super cold. They should have a stronger heater for winter. The guy at the officer told us the was a small heater but it didnt do much. Also the AC/HEATER work up to 72 degree but it was still cold for us. I suggest one stronger heat for the room like most hotel/motel has.
I am very familiar with this area but stay closer to the ski areas. My girl friend and I were doing a favor for her friend so her friend was the one who made the reservations. Our room was spacious and appeared to be clean, no unusual orders. The combo ac/heater wall unit was not capable of heating the room to a more comfortable temperature despite being set to the maximum setting of 72 degrees. I removed the unit's filters only to find them solidly caked with dust. I rinsed them off in the bathroom sink, shook them out and replaced them. The bathroom was cold and the tub looked grungy with a green stain. The tiles look like they fell off and were replaced by an rank amateur using tub calking instead of tile grout. My girl friend only was able to take a shower because she brought flip flops she could wear in the shower. She had to run the hot water to get the bathroom steamed up and heated enough to comfortably take a shower. I wonder what it will be like when the real cold Vermont winter sets in. It seems that all of the most recent reviews give this place a poor rating. It has really nice potential, a nice large front lawn, set back off the road as well as a lot of open property behind it. I hope the current owners can bring this motel back up to what it must have been but it will take money to accomplish it.…
We checked in which was scary enough but were very tired and hoped the room would be acceptable. We have never asked for a refund and refused to stay somewhere until today. The smell was horrible, furniture in bad repair. We counted 5 lightbulbs not working in our room. It was just plain creepy. It’s a long drive through Manchester area to find it so please don’t make the mistake we did. Go somewhere else.
Upon check in we discovered how horrible the room conditions were. Cobwebs covering the walls, stained curtains, an odor beyond description, black mold and rodent droppings. This from a room that was ready for check in. When I told the manager that I suffer from severe allergies and asthma he refused to refund my money. He stated that I needed to cancel 2 weeks in advance to receive a refund. These people are criminals. Avoid this property!