We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly. We support the following browsers:
Stayed in a 6 bed dorm. Room was pretty small and run down. Fairly comfortable bed and wi-fi access and AC in the rooms. Toilets and showers were ok. Close to the CBD which is a plus. Check in was slow even though there was...More
Good budget hostel. The rooms are big and have a lot of space for everyone's things, they also had more than enough lockers for everyone in our room. I have heard some of the rooms are a bit small but I was in a 10...More
That's nice and clean place in the CBD. Close to most attractions in Adelaide. Amazing people work there. They are really helpful. Big kitchen and place to have a sit. I can highly recommend that place!!!
located in waymouth st. 2 min walk to nearest bus station. free wifi, big kitchen, and tv lounge, informative and friendly staff. i stayed in a room for 8 (too crowded ,messy) meet new friend and "unfriendly friend", i prefer room for 6 or 4....More
The worst hostel I have been to so far.
Our door was damaged, so that the noise and light from the hallway came through. Kitchen, bathrooms and rooms are dirty.
The sofas and one of three toilet seats are broken. Overall it was an disgusting...More
Thank Eike E
Response from Shakeys, Manager at Adelaide’s Shakespeare Backpackers International Hostel
Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely regret your discomfort on this night. I can assure you that the door was fixed within 24 hours. Also, unfortunately, we have had some "weekend warriors" come to town temporarily. Our 8 cleaning staff were doing their best,...More
USD 14 - USD 141 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Star rating provided by Expedia.
Non-Smoking Rooms ,
Number of rooms
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Adelaide’s Shakespeare Backpackers International Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
South Australia >
Greater Adelaide >
Also Known As
Adelaide’s Shakespeare Backpackers International Hostel South Australia
I am a teacher of a year 12 Tourism class based in Victor Harbor South Australia.
The class are undertaking an assignment on Backpackers and are trying to research information about a ‘typical’ backpacker.
It would be fantastic if someone could respond to the class’ questions to help them with their assignment.
Assignments (therefore responses) are not published and are for school use only.
Your help is greatly appreciated.
1. What do you think the term ‘backpacker’ means?
2. What is the main country of origin that most backpackers come from to Australia? Is there a reason for this?
3. How long do backpackers generally stay in their destination for? Why do you think this is?
4. What are backpackers motivations for travelling?
5. What do you think most backpackers spend their money on?
6. What do you think young backpackers spend more money on? (e.g food, alcohol, festivals)
7. What do you think older backpackers spend their money on? (e.g food, culture events)
8. What are the main activities backpackers enjoy participating in?
9. Do you believe that backpackers have a positive or negative impact on host communities? Why do you think this is?
Encounter Lutheran College