We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly. We support the following browsers:
We arrived at 9 pm due to a late flight. The night entrance was hard to find but our key was left behind for us. We booked a double ensuite but got a double without bathroom. First of all, the room was dirty, it was...More
We stayed some nights - payed extra for the internet but it still wasnt enough to do a serious phone call... (Applying call - very embarassing to lose contact while applying..). The room wasn't clean nor was the kitchen. The staff was quitw friendly, but...More
Ok, I have to say some things, first I am an easy going guy and I don't like to try run people or businesses down, even in the accommodation industry because I am kind-hearted, second I understand people need to make a living so I...More
We slept just 30 min, because of the noise. Kitchen was a piggery. Dirty socks and others rubbishes spread in the living room and everywhere. Never accept a room near men's bathroom/toilets, because of the door which clap all night long => the drunk men...More
Without a doubt the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Filthy, dirty and falling apart. Not close to the main centre in comparison with other backpackers. Was 'recommended' by Peter Pans, which I am furious about. During my stay there were lots of older people...More
USD 16 - USD 59 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Star rating provided by Expedia.
Number of rooms
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Adelaide Travellers Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
I am a teacher of a year 12 Tourism class based in Victor Harbor South Australia.
The class are undertaking an assignment on Backpackers and are trying to research information about a ‘typical’ backpacker.
It would be fantastic if someone could respond to the class’ questions to help them with their assignment.
Assignments (therefore responses) are not published and are for school use only.
Your help is greatly appreciated.
1. What do you think the term ‘backpacker’ means?
2. What is the main country of origin that most backpackers come from to Australia? Is there a reason for this?
3. How long do backpackers generally stay in their destination for? Why do you think this is?
4. What are backpackers motivations for travelling?
5. What do you think most backpackers spend their money on?
6. What do you think young backpackers spend more money on? (e.g food, alcohol, festivals)
7. What do you think older backpackers spend their money on? (e.g food, culture events)
8. What are the main activities backpackers enjoy participating in?
9. Do you believe that backpackers have a positive or negative impact on host communities? Why do you think this is?
Encounter Lutheran College
24 March 2016|
AnswerHide all answers
Are you sure you want to delete this question?
"Rooms furthest away from the balcony are better for a quieter night - can hear people pre drinking before..."