We stayed 5 nights in hotel Chez Charles ! Best minimoon we could have dreamed of ! Staff very friendly and professional. Breakfast view is amazing. Nice swimming pool and not too crowded. We had a lovely time and will come back if we can.
It was great to stay Chez Charles before starting the GR20 (the starting point Calenzana is only 20 minutes away). The staff is super nice and full of good tips to enjoy the area, the mosaic swimming pool perfect to refresh, and the breakfast is by far the best one we have had in Corsica with locally sourced products and many homemade jams. The rooms are comfortable.
Wow! We stayed there for four nights...This hotel is located between Calvi and Ile-Rousse and have a great view and a great location.
The high quality of service, luxury rooms, very nice pool, a onsite restaurant that match any best restaurant in the world(expensive but wonderful), an owner always onsite, great view, hiking trail behind the hotel. The only little drawback is the parking in the mountain that is a bit of a challenge with luggage's. Please leave your luggage's at the main check-in entrance prior to parking.
I've been in Corsica many times and Hotel Chez Charles is clearly the best hotel I've encountered in the island of beauty.
We will definitely stay again upon our next trip!
It was one of our frist hotel as a young familiy. The arrival was not very easy. I had to find a parking place in front of the hotel, take out all the luggage of the car climb up the stairs with luggage and baby car etc., as we arrived at the reception the told us about the entrance form behind, that would have avoided me to carry all the things up.
For the rest the room had space and we feld very at compfy. The swiming pool is very nice and offers a fantastic view. The restaurant is good, but was not a blast off for me.
We did have a room with view to the mountain, which meas we had a lot tourists passing in front of our window because there is a tourist path right behind the hotel.
If you are looking for warm and responsive services, this non chain hotel would be a good option.
- even we don't speak French, the reception lady is always very attentive and try to solve our problems/ enquiries straight away without excuses or transferring us to someone else
- large, spacious room with amazing view
- Great Walls and windows that you would not hear any noises even though a busy highway right outside the hotel
- A one star Michelin restaurant right in the hotel for you
- An interesting and easy hiking route just behind the hotel
- Tasty cookies welcome gift
- Comfortable bed
- Free packing
- The pool area is next to the highway, may not be suitable for you if you are looking for somewhere peaceful
- Not accessible without a car (if you are arriving Calvi on a Sunday without a car, you can only rent a car from the airport. Taxi is very expensive, a 15 mins ride is around EUR 35)
- There are only one or two restaurants outside the hotel within walking distance. Most are not open on Sun, Mon and Tue.
If you are traveling with a car, here would be a nice place for you to stay.