Small family run rooms and taverna. Clean basic rooms, anything you need just ask. Air condition available at small extra cost Wifi in the taverna area.. Maria and Michalis are lovely people, nothing too much trouble. All home cooking done by them both. Look at menu and ask about specials. Not a pizza person but Michalis's home made prawn pizza at lunch time to die for as is Maria's rabbit or goat casserole. Pebble beach just down the lane non touristic and the taverna pool is beautiful and clean. Couldn't fault it. If you want 5 star then go to the big soulless hotels, if you want traditional food and hospitality, peace and tranquillity then this is the place.
We absolutely love Michalis Apartments! The accommodations are simple, clean and comfortable and provide you with everything you need for an incredibly relaxing Crete holiday. The pool is beautiful and the beach is just a 1-minute walk away! Michalis Apartments is very family friendly, low-key and incredible value for your money. Michalis himself is an extraordinarily wonderful and funny character, and he and his family will be sure to make you feel right at home. We can't write a review without mentioning his amazing on-site taverna/restaurant that serves AMAZING local Greek cuisine!!! We always eat at least one meal a day there as it is simply some of the best food on the island - all made from scratch, using fresh vegetables and ingredients from their own garden! We have stayed there several times already and can't wait to be back again :-)
Forget looking at the menu. Just ask Michalis what he recommends/ dish of the day. Maria his wife is a wonderful cook and they cook a lot of what they breed and grow themselves, you just can't get fresher.
Wonderful intimate taverna on a side road off the min road so quiet and peaceful.
There is also accommodation and a pool, but we didn't stay here only ate in the evening.
If you are lucky Michalis might treat you to some of his homemade lemon raki which is to die for as well as Maria's wonderful fruits in syrup.
Thank you both for some lovely evenings.
We have been visiting Michalis for many years now and have always received excellent food, service and ambiance. This taverna is a must for anyone either staying in the area or passing through.
Michalis has high quality rooms and swimming pool.
Although the rooms are new and the owner is very friendly there are certain details that show low quality.
1. No cleaning of the rooms (once every 6 days)
2. Very old towels and bed sheets. The stains on the sheets makes you wonder...
3. No room amenities (not even a soap to clean your hands, or a sponge to wash your plate)
4. There are a couple of very old rooms, make sure you ask for the new ones otherwise you will fight spiders all night long
5. Dirty swimming pool (the tiles at the side are getting dangerously green)
6. The owner decided to save some money and didnt put any window outer covers or any dark heavy curtains therefore when the sun rises the room is so full of light that you wake up immediately.
3. Close to the beach you can actually hear the waves....