After reading some of the reviews I was terrified, I booked this last minute and then checked. It really hasn't been as bad as I was thinking it was going to be. The rooms are clean and cleaned daily, the pools are clean and you have somewhere to sit or lounge at you pleasure. Don't get me wrong it's not perfect but for the money it's not bad. Please do bear in mind the hotel really is aimed at German/Turkish guests so the literature is not in English. The staff generally do try to help/understand but it's not perfect, a few have better English skills than others. The food is also aimed at German/Turkish guests it's not bad but generally cold. The available WiFi is poor at best the free WiFi is only available in the reception area I did enquire about other options but got a cursory response of I told you this already (he couldn't have as I had arrived past midnight just a few hours before and he wasn't on duty). The safe in your room is free to use, you just need to enter a code you can remember. The hotel is not anywhere near the Town center so no good for partying.
Virgin Side Hotel
1. The receptionists were rude. The first day we arrived at 6:00 am in the morning and I requested for a room. The guy in the receptionist said (without nametag), "why are you looking at my face? I am working here. I cannot help you. Do you understand?"
2. The room we book was family room. We were moved to double standard room and promised us to be moved to family room after 2 days. We were moved to a family room after 5 days.
3. There was a blackout for 2 nights in our new room. The hotel had a generator but it didn't reached our room.
4. The toilet in our room (310) was not cemented properly. It was leaking the whole time!
5. The food was so bad. They only had meat loaf most of the time we ate there for 3 meals a day. And we stayed for 2 weeks!
6. The kids pool wasn't properly cleaned. My KIDS got bleeding on their toes as they stepped on a broken tile!
7. The doctor wanted to charge us 60 Euros for simply looking at the ear.
8. We tried to call the agency (LMX), the Hotel Manager for refund on our trip. No one answers their phone. If they do, they said we should ask the other agency (agency vs. hotel). After this, they would hang up.
totally discusting , the staff apart from one young girl spoke little if any English , I had to make and change my bed , no towel change I had to do this myself get clean towels from the cleaners trolley. I had to get management to empty the bins round a pool they were full and macdonalds bags on the ground. no health and safety our balcony railing were very loose. trip hazards round the pool area. cold food. some of the meals I could not make out what they were we lived on salads. it took 45 mins to walk to the beach and town . our first room had soiled loo roll on the floor and damp bedding so I complained and got a room change. we were sent here as the Miami beach was over booked. which we were not told about until dumped here. beware.its all a big con with virgin and Miami beach,.
Myself wife and 5 year old daughter stayed here last year.
We thoroughly enjoyed it. All staff were pleasant despite not being able to speak a lot of English.
Hotel and rooms were modern, clean and presentable.
The pools were immaculate with more than enough sun loungers.
The food was plentiful and we never struggled for something to eat.
We would return.
The hotel was recomended by a friend, so we booked for two nights. I was promised that the beds were soft and nice, they were hard as the floor.
The service was good until we complained... and this was the manager him self :(
The food was terrible, very cheep buffetfood and less variaties. When I let them know that the chicken was raw, the man in the black suit answered "yes, we have very fresh chicken, so that is why it is raw, not undercoocked" ... then he became rude...
The diningroom was very dirty. We spilled something one day, the next day it was still not cleaned. The teble clothes was not changed, not even an attempt to wipe them. The second day we could not find one clean table... The outside area was not so bad, nice sunbeds and ok pool. Did not have time to use it, so we dont know if it was clean. The barattendands was very funny, they were eighter eating in the backroom or just not there...