I booked this hotel on booking.com after reading reviews about the hotel and its location . No doubt that the hotel is close to the tourist attractions and rooms are modern and clean. Breakfast is alright too.
But it is in an adverse situations that you really get to know how good or bad the service of the hotel is and how much they really value about providing a comfortable stay to their guests.
We (3 pax, 1 room) checked in early (between 11:30 am -12 pm) on 30th Aug. We came to Tbilisi from Gudauri and this was our last destination in Georgia. So we had only 30th and 31st half day for going around Tbilisi.
1. After we reached the room, we called the reception and asked them to send forks - It never arrived. We didn't even complain about this earlier to the staff. We just arranged our bags in the room and left the hotel for sight seeing.
2. We came back to hotel in the evening. We wanted to get fresh and leave again. However there was NO WATER in the washroom. When we called the reception they said it will be fixed in an hour. So we just left the hotel again.
3. We returned to the hotel around 3:00 am and even then the issue was not resolved and there was NO WATER even in toilets. They said there was a problem in that entire area and hotel did not have water storage. The water will be available around 10:00 am.
4. We told them that we want to get fresh and use washroom. So they provided us with 1 bottle of water. We were three ladies and what they offered us is a bottle of water to get fresh... Also one of the lady was in her menstrual period and hence it was very difficult to stay in a hotel that has no water. And to our surprise a 4 star rated hotel does not have water storage.
5. We asked them to refund our money, so we can check in to different hotel. But as instead of being sorry about not being able to provide basic facilities to their guest the staff and the owner were very arrogant. They not even once apologized for this situation and said that it was not the hotels problems and hence they cannot refund the money. If the hotel is not able to service the guests with basic facilities,whose problem is it then? The lady at reception was so arrogant and said do whatever you want or call the police. The owner said we cannot refund your money.
6. We did call the police, since we couldn't connect with booking.com. But we just wasted our entire night in the lobby waiting for the translator to help us explain the situation to the police. At the end the police didn't do anything but said to us that we need to go to court to claim our money. Really?
7. They cancelled our booking on booking.com after our checkout so that we cannot write a review. There is much more to this and it is very difficult to explain how horrible it was to have had booked our stay here. Since other people accepted their horrible service they wanted us to not complain.
8. They know nothing about hospitality. All they want is money and expect people to not complain. The staff is rude and owner is a cheapskate.
Why should the guests suffer for the hotels inability to handle situations like this?
Will you pay for staying at such a hotel ?
Don't book this hotel. If you do then make sure to get in writing from them that they will refund your money if they are unable to provide basic facilities.
We stayed at Bridge Boutique Hotel on our latest Georgia visit. The room was very small but equipped with all basic amenities like kettle, hangers, toiletries and slippers. The corridors were little noisy sometimes but cheerful voices of fellow travellers didn't bother us much.
The breakfast buffet was set at the rooftop with beautiful views of Tbilisi. It is at a very convenient location.
Location is very good. Quiet area near the Baratashvili bridge. You just have to cross it to be in the center of the city.
everything is new and clean. We had a great room on the top floor but some people travelling with us had very small rooms.
The breakfast is served on the terrace above with a wonderful view over the city. The breakfast was very good.
very comfortable beds.
This family run hotel was constructed only 2-3months ago and therefore offers brand new, clean and modern facilities and therefore appears to be a 4 star rather than a 3 star hotel. It has approximately 32 rooms in total with 8 rooms per floor (2nd to 5th) and is located in a quiet suburb opposite the Public Service Hall with direct views of the Mtkvari River and a short walk to Peace Bridge and the Old Town. A conveniently located under river pass provides access to the other side though I never did figure out how to cross to the pavement along the river. I stayed for 4nights in a twin bed room on the second floor and despite facing the road and pavement was still quiet. The size of my room was on the smaller size but more than adequate. There are approx. 160 tv channels to choose from. Air conditioning was good with simple control panel on entering the room. Shower was excellent with instant hot water and toilets provided with bidet spray. One minor point was on the first evening of arrival we had to briefly unplug the minibar fridge to use the kettle due to lack of power sockets along the main desk rather than use the kettle near the bed for safety reasons, though we never raised this as an issue on the second day as if staff had read our minds a multi adapter had been provided which was extremely thoughtful. Breakfast sited on the roof terrace commences at 8am and was adequate catering for both vegetarians and non vegetarians. All staff from management, receptionists and cleaning were helpful and friendly.
A few recommendations for further improvement:
Provide a Do Not Disturb / Make Room signage
Provide a safe
Provide a full length mirror in the room
Install a floor door stopper within the washroom to prevent washroom door handle striking the tiled wall
I would highly recommend this brand new hotel for all.