We were lucky enough to stay at the beautiful De Sapphire for a month. From the moment we arrived, till when we sadly had to leave (prematurally) we were treated like freinds. Always a smile and a hello, and nothing was too much trouble, even getting stamps and posting post cards for us (Thank you Ayu!!!) . Santi is an outstanding hostess, her English is superb which made communication a whole lot easier as our Indonesian is severly lacking.
Our room was fantastic, wonderfully appointed, with a lovely big bathroom which had both a bath and shower and also a large wardrobe. Amazing veiws and right next to the pool. The location of the villas is amazing, it feels like you are on your own peice of paradise.
We will hopefully be back in the near futre and will look forward to seeing all of the staff again.
We arrived a little earlier than check in and was greeted attentively. After having to read and then sign two documents acknowledging specific rules of the resort - each of which incurred a monetary fine if breached - we were escorted and shown our accommodation Which was an ocean view villa. My immediate reaction was how run down the place looked as well as hot when we entered the villa. Our first thoughts were a cool down swim. There was no-one at the pool which upon entry was cloudy - I was definitely not able to put my head under the water. We thought about purchasing a drink but could not believe the prices - more than the five star resort we had just stayed in and the surroundings so underwhelming in comparison. After 30 minutes at the resort we decided it was not for us - so booked new accommodation in Seminyak and left the resort. Maybe we were spoilt at our previous accommodation but de sapphire was definitely not for us.
We stayed 5nights in this property early February. 2 would have been enough...
We booked the villa number 5. 1st day we had no hot water. 2nd day AC in the bedroom broke down. As extensive travelers, we do understand that those issues that happen, However a recovery was expected from Front Desk or management(apologize card, amenities, simple word). Til that day we are still waiting for it.
Another recurrent issue we've had is the F&B (restaurant is as well the IRD).
- We had diner the 1st night. The tuna was way over cooked. The Nasi Goreng was fine.
- Breakfast is trully awful. Coffee is bad quality instant one. I've asked a double expresso (additional charge, which is fine). Staff came to me saying that the coffee machine isn't working. Bread was probably sliced upon staff arrival at 6am in the morning. By 9am it was dry. Vienoisserie were dry and tasteless. The yogurt with fruits was served frozen. The American breakfast was ok but with poor bacon quality. The Hollandaise sauce of the egg Benedicte is not good either.
- In room dining: we've ordered several dishes during our several days there. Pizza was small and tasteless compare to some options close from hotels. Chicken satay arrived cold.
Super loud music in the restaurant which is basically ruining your relaxing experience at the pool.
Staff were friendly but clearly incompetent for most aspects. View is good over the ocean. It is clear that this hotel doesn't care about service or guest satisfaction, considering the amount of tourists that comes to the island on a yearly basis.
We ended up staying at the Conrad Bali in Nusa Dua, which was 30USD more a night where a much better experience was offered.
Stay away from it at all cost!
Really cozy property with incredible ocean view, nice garden, big swimming pool. Comfortable villas. Very good breakfasts, nice staff.
After sunset it is a bit difficult to walk from the property to the main road, the road is quite dangerous and dark, few times we saw there wild dogs and monkeys. Few beaches are walking distance, but again, the road is not so comfortable for walking.
Anyway Uluwatu district is really beautiful, with the best sunsets.
In general it's a very nice hotel with villas, which are quite spacious, with a good ocean view and they felt homie. The breakfast was big with a good choice of meals.
The 3 leveled pool looked great BUT there were couple of moments with it:
- the water in the pool was too warm and it was difficult to cool down in it
- one day upon the arrival back to the hotel around 6pm we were informed that the pool was closed for cleaning until next morning. we were really frustrated as we planned to chill by the pool as it was too hot on a street (it was already too late to go to the beach). i wish we were informed in advance (at least that morning when we were leaving) so we could plan our time accordingly.