Firstly I will say the room itself was more than satisfactory- it was clean and comfortable and situated in a great spot.
A few things I wasn't overly impressed with:
- the wifi didn't work and when I went searching for someone to help me nobody could be found
- I requested a tour months in advance via their website and never got a response. I ended up booking with another company
- I requested an airport pickup however received no confirmation. Was pleasantly surprised when someone was waiting with a sign, some confirmation would have been good
- no hot water. This was especially inconvenient as it was big cold and raining during my visit. Once again nobody could be found when I was looking for help.
- finally when I went to check out and organise transport to the airport once again nobody was to be found. (Not even for me to pay my bill)
I had booked this place based on reviews of how accomodating gerome and his team were. While on the island I discovered he was facilitating a large group of French tourists and as such perhaps this was the reason nobody could be found and I couldn't receive any support.
I would definitely do Easter Island again however I would be more inclined to stay somewhere with a better focus on the customers actually staying at their establishment.
The room was nice with adequate space. They were able to get a rental car to me within an hour since I was in a time crunch. The employees spoke English which was incredibly helpful. I think I did find one cockroach in the bathroom but the windows are open. The wifi had about one or two bars and I was unable to connect to any website ever during my stay. I had this same issue at another hotel so I wasn't too surprised, but it would have been nice.
Otherwise the property was beautiful and well-maintained. The breakfast in the morning was great and filling.
Chez Jerome was a nice and clean bed and breakfast. The host, Mr. Jerome was kind and he did organise airport transfers and a cool day tour of the island. The bed and breakfast was located 30 minutes walk to the beautiful sights of Ranu Kau Volcano and 20 minutes walk to Hanga Roa which was the main town of the island. The room was large with a balcony. The breakfast with fresh fruits was good. There was a free wireless internet with an unreliable connection. Very close to the guesthouse there was a small restaurant serving delicious empanadas.
Very simple hotel which kind of suites the Island itself. Staff were really helpful and knowledgable team who organised car hire (at a very good rate) and drove us around town on the first day to let is know where everything was.
Nice building with a view to the Sea (bug for only two rooms). But the service doesn't deserve this price. The room is quite big but the bathroom deserve a little refurbishment.. On top of that, they were no hotel personal and you are alone if you need something. And it is a bit far from the city center (20min walks). They should offer bicycle rent or something like that.
A good hotel, but for sure, it doesn't deserve 100 USD per night.. Not more than 60 USD my opinion..