Hello, my husband and I are hoping to carve out enough time in our travel to London, to take a taxi from Salisbury station to Stonehenge, but we will likely have only about 45 minutes once we arrive at the visitor's center. My questions are,
1. Will 45 minutes be enough time to get on one of the shuttle buses, view the stones and take some photos, and get back to the visitor's center? (My husband isn't really into history, and is happy to do a quick walk-around, and leave. I would LOVE to stay for hours and actually take a tour...but alas...no)
2. Are the shuttle buses at the visitor's center included in ticket prices, purchased through the English Heritage website?
3. how often do the buses leave/return to the center?
Thank you so much for any advice...I really hope to make this happen!
Thank you to everyone who answered me! You have all helped so much!
1. 45mins is sufficient. An hour would be better though to fully enjoy the visit
2. Make sure to choose the ticket option which includes the bus ticket- recommended. There’s an option for tickets which provide entry only and you’ll end up waiting in line for buses to the stones.
3. The buses leave roughly every hour. At least the tour bus I took. Be sure to check the timetable for whichever tour bus company you choose
Good luck with your visit!
Technically your have time but it will be very rushed and if honest, not really enjoyable in 45 mins. But it can be done. A lot of money for such a short space of time.
1-is possible but you need to look at around for to remember more later and you are conscient about it.
2. you can buy tikets for trip or trip and stonhenge.
3. depend of the day you should to see the time table for the day that you want, but more less between half hour and hour.
let me to say that do not let to visit the smalls antiques shops in salsbury and cathedral. enjoy !!!!
Let me try to reply all your queries -
i.) 45 minutes is sufficient for you to take a shuttle from the visitor's centre, visit stone henge & come back
ii.) The cost of the shuttle bus is included in the ticket price
iii.) The shuttle buses are pretty frequent - probably once every 15 minutes or lesser - so you won't loose much time waiting for a bus
I think it may be possible but it depends when you go. Ie peak holiday time will be very busy so you may need to queue for a bus both ends. The visitor centre is worth while as it explains the history (puts it im perspective so it’s easier to understand it).
I would give more time to see it.
If you are English Heritage members it’s free to go in otherwise it’s£17.50 per adult.
Hi Kirsty, just to let you know the traffic to stonehenge can be slow because the road passes the stones and drivers tend to slow to look at it so please allow this in your journey time.
Hi Kirsty, yes 45mins would give you enough time to walk around the stones. We went round pretty quick because it was due to rain. The shuttle buses are included in the price and run all the time so you would be fine and the visitors centre is not very big. Hope you enjoy it x
Get quick answers from Stonehenge staff and past visitors.