We are interested in staying here in April. How far of a walk is it to West End and West Bay? We do not want to rent a car? Or would you recommend renting scooters?
As much as I enjoy "walk-in snorkeling", I have been passing over Roatan because of endless complaints of sand fleas (biting midges). I am NOT going to spend all my time diving and I DO want to relax ON the beach.
1) Are biting midges a concern?
I like peace and quiet and natural sounds.
2) Will I be exposed to noisy, motorized, water sports?
3) Will I be forced to listen to music at the pool? Noisy kids?
4) Is there frequent commotion from temporary cruise passengers?
I truly enjoy the peaceful, underwater world full of active visuals. I don't care for joining a gang of strangers on a snorkel boat. I look forward to brief, multiple, walk-in snorkeling.
5) Is the shore snorkeling worthwhile?
(Thank you in advance.)
Are taxis readily available from the airport and from the resort, or do you recommend renting a car?
HI there, thanks for your review... we are a family of 5 - all teens 13, 15, and 19
we love to snorkel -- can we do that right at the beach or at the dock ?