Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Lovely clean beach which is long, broad & has interesting rock platforms along it. Uncrowded & that Australian golden sand to walk on, is so soft! Highly recommend a visit.Written 12 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Monument commemorates the ship and those who served in her. Its position points to where the ship was scuttled.This monument is quite impressive consisting of a ship's mast placed on top of a concrete structure that is shaped to look like a ship's prow and that is embedded into the side on the hill on the headland. There are quite a number of inscriptions on the surrounding sandstone. The mast on the monument directly aligns to where the ship was scuttled.
The views from the monument, both up and down the coast, are quite beautiful.
HMAS Brisbane was commissioned into the RAN in 1967 and was the second ship to carry that name. The ship was decommissioned in 2001 and its bridge was removed and relocated to the Australian War Memorial. The ship itself was scuttled off the Sunshine Coast in 2005 to create an artificial reef and dive attraction.
There is free parking nearby and quite a nice, albeit sloping, picnic area in front of the monument.
There is also a monument to Australian Army War Dogs nearby.Written 23 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I think this site is wonderful. A remnant of ancient forest almost right on the beach and surrounded by suburbia,
A short walk through dry forest then into a lush tropical havenWritten 2 June 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was one of the best massages ever. Noi was firm, strong but not painful and got rid of much of the pain and tightness in my neck, shoulders and back.Written 6 June 2023
- Had a fabulous time bowling. Three of us. We played 2 games. Had lots of laughter n fun. The staff were very friendly n helpful. It was a lovely atmosphere with great music playing. The food was delicious. We will return again in the near future.Written 29 December 2018
- If you love craft beer do not under any circumstance miss this place. Awesome laid back atmosphere, great beers and super friendly staff. The next time you’re on the Sunshine Coast drop by for a few beers you won’t regret it. Only a stones throw from the main stripWritten 3 June 2023
- We did the Maleny e-bike tour. It was a great ride, great views and Stuart shared lots of local information with us. Having an e-bike made the tour a perfect balance of being enjoyable and comfortable whilst still feeling like we were doing some exercise. A great morning.Written 25 October 2023
- Sam is such a wonderful and supportive instructor with thorough knowledge around surfing. I felt safe and comfortable the entire time with his guidance and appreciate all the laughs along the way! Everytime I fell off the board Sam and I had a giggle and carried on. I know some people feel a bit anxious as they’re out of their element, particularly learning as an adult rather than a kid; but Sam didn’t once make me feel like I had anything to worry about. The entire experience was fun and really set such a wonderful mood for my day. Looking forward to going out with Sam for another surf soon!Written 2 October 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Alexandra Headland
- The most popular things to do in Alexandra Headland with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Alexandra Headland on Tripadvisor