Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Just drive up to the parking spot, then walk 1 km or so (very very hot so longer trail was closed). Enjoy the old paintings its very interestingWritten 30 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Kakadu National Park takes in a vast area in the Northern Territory's Top End. It is by the United Nations and World Heritage listed for its ancient cultural assets and its spectacular natural wilderness. The Aboriginal traditional owners welcome visitors and share the true essence of the land. This is truly a great Australian experience.Written 13 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Absolutely stunning - flat walk of 1500m each way before a 300m rise with a wonderful surprise at the end - loved it!
Achievable for most!Written 21 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Local information was good, and we were given maps etc which had the answers to most of our questions. We were early in the tourist season and some attractions were still closed, awaiting clearance (of crocodiles) by locals. Fair enough – there is now way I am going in there if not cleared.
The Kakadu information booklet is well explained, by area. We bought our park passes but we were never checked, throughout our visit.Written 20 June 2023
- This place looks like nothing from the outside but inside is the most beautiful collection of art - paintings, baskets, spears etc. Air conditioned and the best coffee in Jabiru. The range and quality of artwork was a pleasant surprise.Written 13 July 2023
- another spot that's a bit of an effort to get too. but worth the sweat when you see it. probably easiest too go with tour group that offers hikes. be wary of crocs and check info before you head in for swimWritten 28 January 2017
- It was a nice walk to the lookout via the falls circuit. We found it warm in the midday sun even during mid winter. The views and the stories along the way were nice. There was little water in creeks after a wet season with limited rain. It was a good walk to the lookout and a nice stroll. If you don’t like walking this is possibly not the best choice.Written 4 July 2020
- This was constructed when the town was formed in the 60's. It provides an open outlook for residents but is not usable for swimming or water sports due to crocodiles. Its banks are good for grassed barbecue areasWritten 20 June 2023
- Mum and I were so grateful for the time Declan gave us on this wonderful experience. The scenic flight was just incredible and the explanations of the land and the views from Declan was very insightful. The yellow river cruise was fantastic with Dennis as the tour guide who had us in stitches for the trip. Would love to return and see the scenery in the wet season. Lunch was delicious and the trip home was quicker which was good considering we were exhausted from our big day in the heat. We cannot find a fault and we would recommend this trip to all for those short on time and wanting to skip the drive.Written 12 November 2023
- From the onset, Nick greeted us with a friendly manner, we had a change of plan and nothing was too much trouble. His recommendations for the time of our helicopter flight were accurate and we were treated to 30min of glorious views of Kakadu in a comfortable fashion with informative easy to understand commentary. Nick was always very professional with a considerate manner and we felt very safe in his capable hands. Thanks Nick and we wish you well. Helen and MandiWritten 13 September 2023
- We went to Jim Jim Falls with Jody and had one of the best days of our entire month-long trip to Australia. Jody’s handling of the difficult road was expert and we were completely safe. Her knowledge of the history of the country we were in was comprehensive and made the whole day so interesting. She was such great company - it was like traveling with a good friend. She went with our pace and what we wanted fo do and we never felt rushed. Lunch was fabulous and so nicely presented it could have been in a restaurant. . We took 7 other day adventure trips in our time in Australia. This one was definitely the most fun and best value for money. I would recommend this to anyone but especially if you are wanting to enjoy being off the beaten track safely. Thank you Jody for giving Tania and Nick a trip they will never forget!Written 7 October 2023
- We've had a great and insightful tour to West Arnhemland. The transport was very comfortable with cold water on board. Our guide (Nick) had a lot of interesting stories and background to share about the area, animals and people. It was a unique day tour. Very much recommend.Written 1 October 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Jabiru
- The best day trips from Jabiru according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Kakadu Wilderness Escape Fogg Dam or Crocodile Cruise - Day Trip from Darwin
- Kakadu Day Tour from Darwin with Offroad Dreaming
- Kakadu, Nourlangie and Yellow Waters Tour from Darwin
- Kakadu National Park Wildlife and Ubirr Rock Art Tour from Darwin City
- Kakadu Day Tour-Yellow Water-Nourlangie-Ubirr-Cahills-Fogg Dam
Jabiru Attractions Information
|Sunday 5:00 pm|