6 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Hello prospective shoppers, thanks for reading my review! I think this a pretty good spot actually, thanks.
Plenty of parking, some good amenities (such as parking) and has some good stores for shopping for items like food. It has an aldi for some cheaper groceries (good for those of us on a disability pension I must say!) a pub (good to have a beer sometimes with some friends, even in my condition), a bakery (bread and various pastries within) and other useful places like a car shop and an alcohol shop.
I wouldn’t recommend allocating any longer than perhaps a few hours/half a day for here if you are a holidaying in canberra, but definitely well worth the visit.
Thank you.Written 21 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Have visited the centre on a number of occasions during 2018 even holding my daughter’s birthday party in October 2018. Even though we enjoy bowling and using the arcade, the facilities lacked. Bathroom facilities dirty, not restocked and broken; arcade games dirty and broken/under maintenance; allocating groups near other groups even though many lanes were free; screens not working or flickering and staff lack leadership or assistance. Would suggest booking online to secure a line.
In regards to the birthday party, the party room was filthy and the staff were dis-engaged. Food was average and over cooked.Written 4 January 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I have been going to Sawasdee Massage for 3 years now and I am never disappointed. No matter which massuese I have, the massage is always excellent. I come out of there feeling totally relaxed. The other things I appreciate there is the cleanliness and the lovely, friendly reception staff. I wouldn't go anywhere else.Written 6 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This cinema has been modernized. Great cinema facilities, same as any other with recliners, candy bar, fast food, drinks but at a cheaper ticket price.Written 4 November 2019
- I visited Arokaya on a weekday, unplanned, and was able to secure an appointment later in the day. I had a relaxation massage but due to my very tight shoulders, was given a taste of the deep tissue/remedial techniques on that area. Oh boy. I didn't realise how tight my muscles were! I had booked and paid for a one hour massage but my therapy lasted about 1.15 hr. It was an extremely relaxing experience, followed up with a cup of organic lemongrass tea before departing. It was a great experience and the price was very modest at $69. I will definitely return and would recommend to others.Written 23 June 2016
- 9 days paddling the Snowy River through the Byadbo Wilderness with Alpine River Adventures was an amazing experience. With negligible prior paddling experience I was nervous about going on the trip but I needn’t have worried. Chief guide Swainy and his offsider Sworley did a wonderful job of getting us through the tricky bits on the river. Peaceful pools, thrilling rapids, spectacular waterfall, imposing cliffs, scenic campsites, excellent food, good quality equipment and a strong emphasis on respecting the country. Swainy gave us much food for thought when he shared with us his knowledge of the indigenous history of the area and the negative impacts which have occurred in the 200 years since European settlement. It was a privilege to be given the opportunity to travel through this remote part of Kosciuszko National Park.Written 23 October 2020