4 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Amazing food and wine! Great experience, very welcoming to the family and all four legged friends (with some doggy Champagne to share).Written 14 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What an experience I did a solo wine and pie tasting it was excellent from entering Katie made me feel so welcome and I had booked so she had a table set up on the veranda, the tastings were plentiful and Katie had so much knowledge of all of the wines & I even purchased a bottle to bring home. Also to mention Katie is irish so it was lovely as I am travelling solo from Ireland and Wouldn’t hesitate recommending savannah it’s a must do if coming to hunter valley.Written 31 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We stopped in here as part of a wine tour (Gourmet Getaway Wine Tours) and were impressed by the quality of wines on offer at this winery. Nice views of the rolling hillside looking out from the cellar door, which has outside seating to enjoy the views while tasting some wine. Cellar door staff were very informative and friendly, and we bought a carton of wine, which was sitting at home for us when we got back from our holiday. Would come back here again next time we are in the region.Written 24 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- As is my wont I did a little research before our trip to Australia to check out wine tasting tours in the Hunter Valley. Pippa's offering, while not the cheapest nor the most expensive option, appeared to be the best fit to our preferences - and I wasn't wrong. We were lucky in that we were the only couple booked with Pippa that day so we had her full attention and didn't have to compromise with anyone else's desires.
Pippa is extremely knowledgeable and chose three very different wineries for us to visit (we could have gone to a fourth but chose to taste a range of gins instead). She clearly had a rapport with each venue which meant that we had something of a bespoke tasting at each stop - including tasting direct from barrels at one, sampling a longer flight that the normal offering at another and having a very personalised session at the third (there were particular circumstances on this occasion that will never be repeated).
After an enormous lunch (some of which came back with us in "doggie bags" - no need for dinner that night!) we enjoyed cheese, chocolate and the aforementioned gin tastings.
All in all we had an excellent day - and this is the favourable review that I promised Pippa when we parted at our accommodationWritten 9 December 2023