Historic Sites • History Museums
Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Asheville
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Fantastic estate and grounds. Amazing that it was built and still owned by one family. The audio tour is very good. Very nice wine tasting as wellWritten 14 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Arboretum was very nice. Bring water, snacks and good walking shoes because it is somewhat spread out.Written 14 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had a great time with friends and young kids visiting new Belgium. The food trucks were good, but it would be nice if they had table service and a food operation. Lots of beer and seltzer on tap, nice views of the river and a good amount of shaded areas and outdoor seating.Written 7 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you have even the slightest interest in playing pinball machines and video games from the past, this is a must-do. For $15, you have unlimited access to about 35 pinball machines and 35 video games. If you're like me, and grew up with these games as a teenager, the experience will transport you back to your youth. The two-hours we spent at the museum are certainly one of the highlights of our week-long stay in Asheville.Written 5 August 2022
- Remarkably short hike over some stair-step like rocks, some tree roots and logs, but easy enough for children to manage. Beautiful narrow trail is well marked and the view from the top: spell-binding!Written 2 August 2022
- Beautiful church! Attended the fastest Catholic mass ever on a weekday. Confused about which door to use when we were entering the church, but glad we did not give up.Written 10 August 2022
- We loved spending time watching the glassblowers work. How fun! And the variety/quality of artwork available for purchase was exceptional.Written 18 July 2022
- This place is amazing. The creativity of this area is on display and you will regret it if you don't stop here for an hour, two hours, or more!Written 1 August 2022
- Went here with my mom on our trip to Asheville and we loved it! Such a beautiful campus and lots of interesting animals! The staff was super helpful, too!Written 26 July 2022
- Very pretty area adjacent to Grove Park Inn. The “village” moniker is a little misleading as there is not a lot to see here. But the arts and crafts shop is exceptional (top quality crafts from all over the country) and the antique car museum is very interesting even if you’re not a big buff. The sculptures and grounds are also very nice.Written 5 August 2022
- A nice quiet area to stroll, shop and dine. It is also one of the stops on the trolley tour. You can spend a couple of hours on this two square block village, if you do stroll, shop and dine.Written 1 July 2022
- The last time I had Biltmore wines I thought I'd need stomach pump.......about 10 years ago. Granted, I'm somewhat of a wine snob but I will express my surprise and pleasure to have tasted some rather good wines at Biltmore. I'm no connoisseur but know enough to say that there have been changes in the wine making at Biltmore. Although some of their grapes are sourced from California or Washington (Pinot Noir), many are grown in NC. Yet, they've done quite well with this grape as well as their Malbec. The sauvignon blanc was quite good. The rosé not so much. My favorite, however, was their Limited Release Dry Riesling. The store is huge but the wine bar - and al fresco seating were super. Worth the visit, definitely.Written 31 July 2022
- I would definitely recommend spending some time in the River Arts District while you are in Asheville. I don't really understand Urban Art, but this was a way to begin to appreciate it.Written 1 August 2022
- We loved it! The guide was so friendly & informative. The home was in such good shape & really gave us an idea on how life was in a boarding house.Written 24 May 2022
- very nice botanical garden. good signage. Could use some better accessibility for folks with mobility issues.Written 1 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Asheville
- The best day trips from Asheville according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Blue Ridge Parkway Waterfalls Hiking Tour from Asheville
- Carolina Waterfalls and Highlands Private VIP Boutique Tour
- Private Boutique Blue Ridge Parkway Full Day Tour
- Custom Half-Day Photo Tour with Photography Lessons from Asheville
- Private Full Day Excursion to the Blue Ridge Mountains