Top Attractions in Wisconsin Dells
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- It was fun to see deer up close and be able to pet them. We went later in the day and due to the heat most of the deer were in shaded spots that attendees cannot go. It was fun to say we’ve done it but $50 for 2 adults and a child with buying food was a bit much. Happy to have gone won’t do it again.Written 8 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very cool! We went here on the Ghost Boat, and it's quite something. It does get very close at times, but is a wonderful walk through the area.Written 12 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We did several parks, and this was by far the best, for the price. There's lots of choices, once inside, and it's a big park so that areas don't get so crowded.Written 12 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Visited WD August 2022. Bought tickets for the Rick Wilcox show, for the entire family (2 adults, 2 seniors and 3 teenage boys). We all had an awesome time at the show. The magic show was definitely the highlight of the trip. Las Vegas show experience, the tricks were amazing with a personal touch. Rick and his wife are wonderful people. $50 per person is not enough for the quality of show. Great value snack pack, $10 for any three items. Great deal! We’ll worth my money. I would definitely come back!Written 9 August 2022
- I stayed two nights in the King Whirlpool suite with my boyfriend. The total should have come to about $400 for both nights but some kind of computer glitch gave us a much cheaper rate that came to only $300. They didn't argue with us about it at all at check-in and totally honored it! It did create some kind of issue that made it 30 minutes to check in...and to apologize they let us in our room right away at 1 pm (three hours early!). Could not have worked out better.
There are signs everywhere about social distancing but I don't feel like it was really enforced. And the little chin-shield things the staff wear are a joke. If you're a high-risk individual or live with someone who is, obviously you shouldn't be going here.
We got the "warm wishes" deal that gave us access to Tom Foolery's for only $20 when I think it would usually be like $50+. Totally worth it even for adults if you like the rides. The arcade will totally drain your money though- so we spent over $100 on credits but it was so fun I have no regrets.
The waterpark was slightly disappointing because some of the best slides were closed as well as a large portion of the lazy river. But it was so empty there were hardly any lines for the ones that were open. The hot tubs were open too- I know some places shut hot tubs down for social distancing reasons.
My favorite part was the outdoor portion of the swim-up bar. It was open despite the cold, and at night the combination of the steam coming off the water and the colorful flashing lights was SO beautiful and romantic.
Food is obviously expensive but WONDERFUL. I had the best steak of my life at the double cut grill. Ivory Coast is great as well. Also highly recommend an amazing mac and cheese place called Macs close by.
One piece of advice I have is to make sure you book a room in the actual resort and not the sands building, especially if you wanna spend a lot of time in the waterpark. The sands building is a long walk, and lockers are expensive ($10-$15) I was grateful to have such a short walk back to my room whether it was to have a cheaper drink or snack or my bf wanted to have a smoke.Written 21 January 2021
- Very fun to do. Quite a few animals to see and interact with. Grandkids rode horses and camels. We fed Giraff's and the grand kids got to have birds land on them. Not too awful big, so not too far to walk . We were told the only thing extra you can see on the train that you can't see walking is the hippo. So we didn't do the train.Written 7 August 2022
- Very well taken care of trail. They were installing a place where photographs will hang that seemed very nice. We went on a morning stroll and took some pictures of the river. It was a very nice short walk.Written 7 August 2022
- Here's the deal, if you want more than just water fun, yes Mt. Olympus has that. If you want real water park fun, go to Noah's Ark. There are better options for little kids and overall it is less expensive and the lines move faster. There are very few outdoor water rides at mount Olympus. Noah's Ark also has veteran's discounts (Mt. Olympus does not). Many of the hotels in the dells offer free or discount tickets for Noah's Ark. Mt. Olympus will give you a room for $60 then tack on $300 in fees for one night (super deceptive marketing).
At Mt Olympus you immediately get hit up with $25 for parking, then your ticket prices, then if you need a locker it's $15/locker which fit a purse and two towels at most. Then there are certain premium rides that cost more money once inside. The Rollercoasters are fun, but if you have any issues with your neck or back be prepared to be shaken and jarred to the point of pain. The coasters are wooden and not smooth rides by any stretch. Food is crazy expensive in the park and you are not allowed to bring in carry-ins. The food selection is also poor. Finally, there is ZERO shade available at the water park unless you spend extra for a cabana. There are some picnic tables with umbrellas, but good luck snagging one of them.
All in all, I've preferred Noah's Ark for the value, fun, amenities and cleanliness.Written 2 August 2022
- The Johhny Cash show, called "Ring of Fire" was incredible. From the first moment, it took my breath away and it continued, with extraordinary singing and unexpectedly excellent acting through the whole evening. My only criticism is that Cash's life is only narrated to a point, and the show needed to be longer to portray more of his story.Written 6 August 2022
- Had a wonderful time with the family. The kids really liked being able to do so many things in one place. They did it all, waterpark , arcade, go carts etc. It was very had to get them out of the water with so many activities. We will definitely do this again. The whole experience was wonderful. We are still talking about the fun we had a week later!Written 4 June 2021
- For the price you pay, the tour did not take long. The kids liked it. Not the best Ripley's we have been to. But fun for about an hour.Written 6 August 2022
- I'm not a science person but there were so many things that would interest anyone. Any age can have a good time and most of it is inside so if it's not the prime weather, you can enjoy this.Written 11 May 2021
- We had a wonderful assistant giving us 12 standard tastings plus a couple of additional ones that we requested. Afterwards, we listened to musical entertainment on the outdoor stage area while sitting in a double swinging chair. There was shade, nice trees, nice view of the growing grapes, and food available. I think it could be a lovely setting for an informal wedding, and was the best winery experience I have had.Written 6 August 2022
- This is a really nice family activity that won't break the bank. The track has some good turns and hills, but overall the karts aren't able to get too fast (although still fast enough to be fun). There is one blindspot as you start to crest a hill but the worst that is likely to happen is a fender bender.
That said, sometimes there can be wild teens that try to cut you off, bump you, etc and the rules are not enforced.
We also had some minor unpleasantness where, as we were paying, my son realized he was a few inches too short to ride unattended. We were still trying to figure out of he were going to do it, and the attendant refused to give a refund (which, yes, I understand is the policy, but we were in the process of paying - only one person in our party had paid at this point - and it just felt needlessly petty). In the end we went along with it and my son rode with another and still had a great time. It's definitely a good way to spend an hour or two at the Dells!Written 31 July 2022
- We ran out of time, just barely...we would do again...solely to finish quest. Other than that I wouldn't return. It was okay, not something I truly like..but my daughter did. Unfortunately kids were running everywhere, screaming and very little monitoring. It was overwhelming.Written 27 September 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Wisconsin Dells