Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- My wife and I visited this Garden for the second time, during our recent holiday in Mount Dandenong where we stayed in a holiday cottage.
We were here last year and enjoyed our visit so much that we decided to visit again.
The autumn weather was perfect for walking and we walked across the entire Garden, including the section called Messmate Forest, which is located at the far end of the Garden. This section is similar to bushwalking.
We will return again next year for another visit because there is a new section called Chelsea Garden, which was not ready for opening at the time of our visit.Written 23 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Every time it's an absolute privilege to wander around this piece of paradise. Pleased to see that some of the more intrusive sculptures have been removed. If you hesitate visiting because it's winter, do go! So much to enjoy, the snowdrops below the maples and the beech, daffodils, the delicate lace of the deciduous trees and the died-off plants, little pods of green starting to push up everywhere, the kitchen garden full of plant life alreadyWritten 5 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Passed by on the way to Phillip Island, so happy to find a place like this with all those red pine trees, they were mesmerizing! Though it's not that popular it's very much worth the drive to Dandenong Ranges, my kid and even her grandma had a great time! 😍Written 26 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My wife and I visited this Garden during our holiday in Mount Dandenong where we stayed for two nights in a holiday cottage.
We had already been to the other more popular gardens in Mount Dandenong during our previous holiday last year.
During our visit in this Garden, we were the only visitors, as it was mid week off peak season.
We enjoyed walking across the entire garden and liked the fact that there were no other visitors.Written 20 October 2023
- The Dandenong Ranges in general are rather lovely. There are a range of small towns and plenty of nature reserves. Olinda Falls is a small reserve that involves walking just a few hundred metres to a small waterfall. The view isn't great, the falls aren't spectacular but the general vibe is pleasant. The walk isn't terribly steep but the last 20 metres or so involves a narrow path.
There are amenities (closed at the time of my visit) and the parking area isn't large but will handle a dozen or so cars. Note that the road is unsealed but fine even for small 2WD cars.Written 9 July 2023
- i brought my 10 year old toddler son here and a 40 year old man startted flirting with him💔 and then as he got on a slide it broke snd he fell and had a concussion. i gave him an ice pack, he continued to play on the swings when the chain suddenly snapped and he went flying and crashed into an old woman.Written 28 June 2022
- Just a brief stop in Olinda in March 2016 but discovered this fabulous shop with some gorgeous wood. I'd love to return with an open cheque book. Worth a visit and some nice small wooden gifts available that are inexpensive and easy to packWritten 25 March 2016
- Really enjoyed our getaway. Thanks so much the salt spa package it was everything we were hoping for. We Floated out! ....and will be back.Written 20 August 2022
- Our first visit looking for mutual Christmas presents for my wife and I. Was very ably assisted by Anna who was most helpful and not at all pushy. One of the best shopping experiences we’ve ever had mostly due to Anna. What a great shop and the amount of variety of hats was amazing. It’s a bit of a hike to get there but certainly worth it.Written 1 December 2023
- Love this place, so many different things to look at. Always see something of interest and usually end up purchasing something even if its just a memento of our visit.Written 28 May 2020
- We called in here last week and bought some really unique gifts to take back to England. Lovely shop, well set out and some really special gifts at good prices. The lady running the shop was very friendly. Definitely a place to visit when in Olinda.Written 19 November 2019
- We came for a couples massage while staying in the area and couldn’t have been happier with our treatment.
The environment was peaceful and healing and Melinda and Grace were amazing.
We left feeling refreshed and relaxed and highly recommended.
I will definitely be back. Thanks again.Written 4 September 2022
- Fantastic range of toys here, well worth a visit. The owner Dion could not have been more friendly. Don't miss a visit here if you are in the areaWritten 1 April 2019
- Exactly what we needed, we had a wonderful
Spa treatment together and left feeling clearer and happierWould recommend anyone to take the time out and have treatment at nourish day spa Olinda
We had a two hour package of utter bliss, staff were amazingWritten 27 June 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Olinda
- The most popular things to do in Olinda with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Olinda on Tripadvisor
Olinda Attractions Information
|Tuesday 4:05 pm|