Tours near Tathra
Book these experiences to see what the area has to offer.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Wow what a wonderful spot to stay.
right near the patrolled beach.
room for puppies to run and enjoy the surf.
grounds immaculately kept.
great BBQ and camp kitchen areas.
on suite camping areas for caravan at reasonable priceWritten 6 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Stopped by Kianinny Bay while in Tathra. This is a pleasant spot to swim or launch your boat, or have a picnic. There is a large area for fishermen to also clean their catch with the left overs being picked up by a variety of birds and sea life, including large stingrays. There must have been about 6 stingrays. Some of who came right up to the edge to grab a fish head and allow people to stoke them.Written 21 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A nice little walk. Well maintained and touching memorials in this lovely little town. The view from here is wonderful and the whole area is very serene.Written 28 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Historical wharf. Great this has been preserved. Museum closed when we visited. Would have liked to see more information available on outsideWritten 2 March 2022
- Not the largest NP going around but does cover a lot of ground. Stretches from north of Tura via beach frontages, lagoons & lakes up to south of Tathra. With plenty of smaller or longer walks available , the Bournda NP Coastal Walking Tracks offer lots of choices. The longest is the 9km to Kangarutha Head with smaller tracks to White Rock, Hobart Beach Campground & Wallagoot Lake. An enjoyable change of pace.Written 28 February 2021
- There is nothing more we can add to the 3 earlier reviews as this little secluded beach within the Bournda NP is definitely worth seeking out as we did while on holiday’s in nearby Tathra.
The short walk to where Wallagoot beach & lake meet is also worth checking out for another spot to swim.Written 9 February 2022
- Good base to learn about the history of Tathra and walk around the area. The building on the wharf is running as a cafe and displays art works for sale. I only had a coffee and excellent biscuit, but the meals looked lovely too. Plenty of people fishing from the pier. There is a 27km walk from the Tathra wharf to the Merimbula wharf called the Wharf to Wharf walk. We only walked short sections however. Good views from the hill above the wharf.Written 28 November 2021
- Between 1862 and 1954 sailing and steam ships docked at the Tathra Wharf which is just below and near this lookout. The fleet was called the Pig & Whistle Fleet because they carried live pigs who would scream when they heard the ships whistle, hence the name. The lookout provides great views along the coast and sits to one side of the old Tarthra Hotel near the end of Bega Street which is off Wharf RoadWritten 5 September 2021
- I had an hour and a half massage with Nell, and it was amazing. I’m a massage therapist from California and have had a lot of massages and am very picky. Because of the good reviews, I took a chance and so glad I did.
Highly recommend!!!Written 2 December 2019
- We organised to do a kayak tour with Navigate Expeditions down the Pambula River during our extended family holiday. It included adults of various physical capabilities as well as two children. Due to some unforeseen weather conditions, our guide had to make some last minute changes to our start time to ensure that we had the best time. She took care of everything! It was so nice not to have to be the one making all the decisions and organising everyone. She even brought along a birthday muffin and candles so that we could celebrate on our own secluded beach. The whole experience was amazing and such a treasured family memory.Written 18 October 2023
- Kayaking adventure was very enjoyable. It was great exploring new places in the area! Shannon was very friendly and great at getting everyone involved in the adventure.Written 29 December 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Tathra
- The most popular things to do in Tathra with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Tathra on Tripadvisor