13 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- 6 great dives with Dave, Michelle and Aaron who did everything to help me enjoy a safe and beautiful experience. Thanks for the octopus, baby shrimps and butterfly cod in particular. Really relaxing and left me wanting to come back for more. Be back ASAPWritten 2 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was a great tour. Felt completely safe and plenty of time in the water. We were lucky enough to see 2 sharks, lots of fish, stingrays and crayfish. Reef is very healthy with beautiful coral.Written 5 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We went on the "All Corners of the Island" tour. Peter was exceptionally knowledgeable and humorous and was able to answer any questions the participants asked. We were taken to parts of the island that we would not have known about had we not gone on this tour. Well worth the money.Written 3 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had a wonderful time. Anthony is so knowledgeable about the island and all the wildlife. We did the snorkeling and turtle tour plus optional walk up a hill at North Bay. Loved seeing all the amazing fish during the snorkeling.Written 17 February 2023
- This is a high-class operation that circumnavigates LHI, giving you interesting facts about the island's volcanic geology, and suggests some of the walks to do. Then you speed off to Balls Pyramid. If the conditions are ok, you can snorkel off the rock for 20 minutes. Crew will take couples photos for you with the rock behind you. They are friendly and knowledgeable. We had a wonderful time.Written 29 November 2023
- We couldn't recommend Wildside Walks more highly... Jae brought the magic of Lord Howe Island to life by taking us to many specials spots to share stories of the incredible history of the islands ecology, biodiversity, geology and more. Our first tour was nearby to the township to suit the less agile in our family group - which was perfect and uncovered hidden gems we would not have otherwise have found. Because this tour was so inspirational, and others in our group wanted to seek the adventure of climbing high on the peaks, Jae took us on an all day hike high towards the Cloud Forest along paths we would otherwise not necessarily have been confident to go. It was brilliant and will be forever one of the most memorable family holidays. To start and return from our walks to snacks, cool and hot drinks too was a much appreciated touch :) Thank you Jae and partner.Written 14 September 2023
- Just a fabulous tour. We were on the boat with another family with young children and Peter allowed a slightly later start so both our child and the other families child could have a lunchtime nap. Peter was engaging and informative and loved answering questions. We saw turtles, lots of fish an even a small reef shark. Thoroughly enjoyed and would recommend for families with toddlers as they LOVE the glass bottom boat.Written 18 October 2023
- Great fishing adventure, we caught Trevally and Kingfish and Jack filleted fish for us to take.
Would recommend giving it a go.Written 5 December 2023
- We had a wonderful experience with Love Lord Howe's babysitting service. It was our first ever babysitter for our 4 month old son and Danielle took it upon herself to look after him personally - given his age and the babysitters she had available, she thought this was the best match. And it certainly was! Our son had a lovely afternoon and was so cared for, and we were able to relax and enjoy a Deep Sea Fishing trip for an afternoon. Danielle was very flexible with arrangements (our tour was rescheduled due to weather) and amazing at communication. She even popped over to introduce herself the day we arrived. Couldn't recommend Love Lord Howe more!Written 12 September 2023
- Loved the sunset cruise with Brad and Connor from Sea lord Howe! They helped my son and I catch so many fish and the whole experience in the water was so exhilarating. We caught many fish 🐟 and enjoyed it thoroughly! This is life for sure!Written 13 October 2023
- Lord Howe Island is as spectacular under the water as it is above and Howea Divers made the experience fantastic. Brian and his crew know the dive sites so well and can choose the best site for the day making your diving comfortable and easy. Their experience is fantatsic and their help and professionalism outstanding. The diving is varied and everysite has something unique. The dive master will guide you or if you prefer and are comfortable you can go in with your buddy. It is a photographers paradise and the crew are careful and helpful with cameras. I will return and totally recomend diving at Lord Howe and with Howea Divers.Written 19 March 2016
- We had an amazing evening. The food and wine were great, the location was beautiful, staff was lovely and Dimitri, the astronomer was extremely knowledgeable. Definitely recommend the experience!Written 2 March 2023
- We attended Ian’s lecture on LHI at the museum. We got a very good understanding of LHI and why it is so special. It was well the 1 hour we spent. Would have liked to attend his bird lecture but we left the island before it was possible.Written 10 July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Lord Howe Island
- These are the best places for adventurous tours in Lord Howe Island:See more adventurous tours in Lord Howe Island on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for tours in Lord Howe Island:See more tours for adrenaline seekers in Lord Howe Island on Tripadvisor