26 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Great place to rockpool at low tide and snorkelling at high tide, you get all the fish swimming around the coral.Written 5 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A beautiful place to enjoy the sunset. Did a bit of snorkelling and kayaking here, lots of coral, but a bit more exposed so no so many fish.Written 5 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Plenty of trails around the island, all very unique, very hilly some quite steep, but all definitely worth a visit.Written 5 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Kayla was amazing, knowledgeable, and highly professional. She knows Mt. Gower and will make your climb the best you can hope for. A sustained climb, it is worth every step. The cloud forest is something very special. The view also from the top is like no other - a real highlight when visiting Lord Howe. Highly recommend Environmental Tours and Kayla.Written 25 September 2023
- Well laid out, lots of information about the island, the history, the nature, definitely worth a visit!Written 5 October 2023
- About a 2 hour boat ride to the rock which is 20km from the shore. Not suitable to visit if bad or very windy weather as waves can be 2-3 metres high. Turtles, dolphins and sea birds to see on the way. A must to visit if nothing else.Written 19 April 2023
- Lovely views, great beach, definitely worth a visit. Would be a good place to kayak as the sea is quite calm.Written 5 October 2023
- Pizza is outstanding. Worth going when on island.
Genuinely some of the best things crust pizza I have had in my travels.
Was the biggest (positive) surprise in food on the island.
Beer is also good.Written 12 October 2023
- Nice beach, get kingfishers close to here, there are some that sit on the fence of the airport, the walk up to Transit Hill starts here.Written 5 October 2023
- We spent 6 weeks on the island in 2018. Thornleigh Farm and manager Brendan were a God send. So grateful for fresh vegies. Seasonal and pot luck what was ripe but always helpful. Couldn't recommend too highly and a great approach to gardening sustainably. Thanks TF. See you againWritten 3 August 2020
- What a wonderful surprise.
Excellent golf course. Felt well established and a great design with stunning views.
Very well maintained - the course and clubhouse.
Fair price with club hire and trolleys.
Short walk from Capella Lodge and just a short cycle from other side of island.
Bravo and thank you........we loved it and had it pretty much to ourselves.Written 31 December 2022
- Both the staff at Dive Lord Howe were superb - professional and friendly and they really know their stuff
We had nearly three hours of great funWritten 25 November 2023
- We thoroughly enjoyed both a snorkelling trip led by Kayla and the Mt Gower walk led by Dean. We snorkelled at Erscotts and Comet where the variety of fish and corals were amazing. Dean was a great guide on the Mt Gower trip and we’re so glad we did it. Had been concerned we might not be fast enough as you need to go at the guide’s pace but we were fine (aged 59) and Dean was very encouraging on the rope sections particularly on the way down when guidance was helpful. Being a former ranger he’s also very knowledgeable about flora and fauna. Highly recommend this family companyWritten 25 November 2023
- Whether you’re on the Island for a holiday or lucky enough to be living here, you’re going to love yoga classes with Nikki. She offers a mix of slow flow, vinyasa and yin classes.
I’ve been to a number of different studios on the mainland and I always have teachers I connect with and ones whose classes I tend to avoid. When I moved to Lord Howe I was so happy (and relieved) that within the first 10 minutes of class with Nikki, I knew I’d found another teacher who’d I love practicing yoga with. I’m very grateful to have found Lord Howe Yoga 🧘♀️.Written 5 January 2023
- What a beautiful experience.... Yoga at Lord Howe Island with Nicole. Whether it was in the church or at Neds Beach Nicoles' yoga practice is a great mix of strength, flow, deep breathing, and relaxation. I loved my sessions with her. Her space is the perfect safe haven, filled with love and great energy. Thank you for a truly beautiful time. LynneWritten 1 November 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Lord Howe Island
Lord Howe Island Attractions Information
|Wednesday 9:07 am|