4 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Quirky shop full of interesting things from clothes, soap, hats, jewellery, cards, allsorts of items.
Really helpful staff. My son purchased a "grandpa hat" and I visited the following month to get a larger version for my husband for his Christmas present and the lady offered a return if it was the wrong size... fantastic service..... husband loved it!Written 20 January 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Halcyon Bookstore is just next to this great shop. This is the best bookshop in the area, in Sydney, and possibly in New South Wales. I come here at least once a month and I always find something - from an old Beatles record to Marilyn Monroe book or comic book or a book on sports cars. Movie posters. Even first editions of almost any author. David also knows his stuff; and Amandas adjoining Nostalgia Factory bricabrac store is worth another hour. Just another reason Kangaroo Valley is a weekend destination that won’t fail to please.Written 2 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Kangaroo Valley is a great little historic village located in the grassy lands between Browns Mountain, Berry Mountain and Meryla State Forest.
Filled with all the charm of a historic village, Kangaroo Valley has plenty of old houses, shops and a pub to stroll around.
There’s and woodwork shop, a leather work shop, antique and old wares shops, home decor stores, clothing shops, nice little street front cafes, old churches, etc. Something for everyone.
The pub is called The Friendly Pub and serves plenty of drinks and meals and has some old historic photos lining the wall.Written 5 January 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- On a whim one Sunday, we decided to take a day trip to Kangaroo Valley, we hadn’t been there for many years and were delighted to discover a ‘Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow’ - Sweet As Kangaroo Valley!!! Their COVID safe procedures were second to none making us feel safe and their friendly, comfortable customer service made the experience very warm, Discovering and introducing the chocolates and confectionary’s, that I enjoyed as a child, with my children was very nostalgic and so much fun. After buying up big and enjoying one of the best coffees I’ve enjoyed for a long time, we felt our trip was worth the drive. I also discovered that I can purchase on line and do so on a regular basis. Thank you for the experience and all the best during these unpredictable times. ❤️Written 10 August 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Kangaroo Valley
- These places are best for shopping in Kangaroo Valley:See more shopping in Kangaroo Valley on Tripadvisor