Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- This place was best horse riding ive been to Jeff & gale great people i wish Jeff would start horse riding again i had amazing unforgetable times at this place 😥😢Written 21 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Had an amazing experience here. We came to see the wombats and kangaroos and were not disappointed.
Walk around the fields and river area past the parking about an hour before dark and you’ll be greeted with loads of wombats and kangaroos!
You’ll see loads of wombat burrows along the river so look around and you should see them once they come out for the evening!Written 29 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Impressive to see trucks driving on the bridge. It's a quick stop to appreciate the beauty of this design, so check various angles.Written 31 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- When in Kangaroo Valley, do not miss this incredible Pioneer Village Museum. The staff is knowledgable and so very helpful, sharing bits of local tales. Highly recommended for all ages to learn more about life in these parts of the world.Written 31 January 2023
- Breath taking. Been coming to Kangaroo Valley for many years and only just come out to Tallowa Dam.
Well worth the trip. Hire a canoe or bring your own. Feels like your in a different world.
No phone reception but clean public toilets.Written 7 January 2021
- We were travelling in Kangaroo valley and found this winery on Google. The owners are so friendly and we felt very welcome to their place. It worths taking a bit of drive get there.Written 13 May 2023
- We had a nice walk the through the trees. Kids enjoyed it cafe and picnic area. You need to book a day or 3 ahead if you want to do the zip line thoughWritten 30 September 2018
- Quirky shop full of interesting things from clothes, soap, hats, jewellery, cards, allsorts of items.
Really helpful staff. My son purchased a "grandpa hat" and I visited the following month to get a larger version for my husband for his Christmas present and the lady offered a return if it was the wrong size... fantastic service..... husband loved it!Written 20 January 2021
- Halcyon Bookstore is just next to this great shop. This is the best bookshop in the area, in Sydney, and possibly in New South Wales. I come here at least once a month and I always find something - from an old Beatles record to Marilyn Monroe book or comic book or a book on sports cars. Movie posters. Even first editions of almost any author. David also knows his stuff; and Amandas adjoining Nostalgia Factory bricabrac store is worth another hour. Just another reason Kangaroo Valley is a weekend destination that won’t fail to please.Written 2 February 2020
- We weren't interested in the golf course but we wanted somewhere quiet to stay for one night in the area. In fact we booked for a second night as we enjoyed our stay.
The fixed spacious cabins are well appointed with air conditioning, kitchen facilities, comfy bed, TV, outside decking and BBQ facilities.
There were plenty of wild kangaroos bouncing around the grounds at most times and we also saw a wombat on one of the holes.
There is a swimming pool and a giant outdoor chess board and a tennis court.
Restaurant facilities are only at the weekend and Reception is closed after 5 pm so make sure you have everything you need before settling down for the evening. Kangaroo Valley village only really has one place to eat for the first few days of the week so make sure you take some provisions with you.
Lovely spot for a retreat.Written 2 March 2023
- Everything was perfect, Nick and the other guys were so nice. I really recommend this, we had such a great time with all my friends. We’ll be back.Written 3 October 2023
- Kangaroo Valley is a great little historic village located in the grassy lands between Browns Mountain, Berry Mountain and Meryla State Forest.
Filled with all the charm of a historic village, Kangaroo Valley has plenty of old houses, shops and a pub to stroll around.
There’s and woodwork shop, a leather work shop, antique and old wares shops, home decor stores, clothing shops, nice little street front cafes, old churches, etc. Something for everyone.
The pub is called The Friendly Pub and serves plenty of drinks and meals and has some old historic photos lining the wall.Written 5 January 2019
- Billy's passion, local knowledge and expertise are exceptional, he took great care of us to ensure we enjoyed our Bridge to Bendeela experience. We all had a leisurely, fun paddle & enjoyed the tranquility as well as searching for wildlife. I definitely recommend getting the 'wet bags' as a precaution especially if you are taking phones etc along. Billy welcomed us warmly, gave great instruction prior to us embarking on our paddle & was there waiting for us at the end to bring us and the kayaks back to base.Written 22 November 2023
- On a whim one Sunday, we decided to take a day trip to Kangaroo Valley, we hadn’t been there for many years and were delighted to discover a ‘Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow’ - Sweet As Kangaroo Valley!!! Their COVID safe procedures were second to none making us feel safe and their friendly, comfortable customer service made the experience very warm, Discovering and introducing the chocolates and confectionary’s, that I enjoyed as a child, with my children was very nostalgic and so much fun. After buying up big and enjoying one of the best coffees I’ve enjoyed for a long time, we felt our trip was worth the drive. I also discovered that I can purchase on line and do so on a regular basis. Thank you for the experience and all the best during these unpredictable times. ❤️Written 10 August 2020
- I participated in the Highland Valley Forage on 24 Oct 20; a 9.5 km hike with 10 course degustation. It was my first Wildfest event and it exceeded my expectations. Even the unpredictable rain showers couldn’t dampen our spirits. It was well organised, amazingly catered and the Three Views Track Walk was exceptional! We were given a calico backpack, full menu and a wine glass (glass not acrylic) with neck lanyard to aid our experience. Everyone who participated in the event from Wildfest staff to chefs we’re welcoming, knowledgeable and enthusiastic. The food and matching wines were 5 star quality and I liked that it highlighted local produce, regional wines and district restaurant chefs and caterers. I immediately signed up to their mailing list and have booked in for another event.Written 28 October 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Kangaroo Valley
- The best outdoor activities in Kangaroo Valley according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Kangaroo Valley on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Kangaroo Valley according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Sydney South Coast Private Tour | Grand Pacific Drive and Southern Highlands
- Sydney Wine Tour – Wine, Waves & Wildlife in South Coast
- Private Tour: Sydney South Coast & Highlands
- Private Full-Day Tour in Sydney
- South Coast Private Charter
Kangaroo Valley Attractions Information
|Wednesday 9:23 am|