Tours near Bega
Book these experiences to see what the area has to offer.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We were passing through and thought we’d take a chance but The road is definitely still closed... sad that we have missed what seems like a spectacular placeWritten 11 March 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wonderful, evocative, inspiring and as usual a great exhibition for Bega.
Looking forward to the next exhibition now!Written 4 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Friendly staff very welcoming ladies. The museum looks small from the outside but is like the Tardis inside. Lots to seeWritten 17 November 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Don’t expect to come here and spend hours. This is primarily a cafe with a small museum and a craft shop on the top floor (not accessible).
There are lots of odd things for sale throughout the centre: souvenirs, crafts, Vegemite items, cheeseboards and cheese. It’s a must go to as it’s really the only thing to do in Bega but go there expecting to have a meal as that is really the only purpose. Children will be bored.
It needs someone to come in and do a revamp. Maybe a “big” cheese, adventure playground and a museum with items clearly labelled and a timeline.Written 5 October 2023
- well worth visiting the lookout, perfect photo sceenery, follow up with a drive down to the boat ramp, great stuff.Written 2 July 2019
- Great walk on a wide cement path! Partly shady following the river. Great for dogs too. Had lunch on the side of the river which was wonderfully quiet and shady.Written 14 March 2021
- I love visiting the little gallery in Bega - always something new - thought provoking works and great presents - a must seeWritten 7 November 2019
- If ever there was a history-filled, derelict building crying out for a grand design rebuild/makeover, this is it.
And it’s going to happen!
While the visioning and funding is put in place you can visit and wander the site, enjoy the vistas from the hilltop, drink in the mood from this late 19th century hospital, visit and chat with local potters, beekeepers, radio enthusiasts...and be happy that it’s going to become an even better community hub when complete.
Can’t wait 👏👏👏Written 6 March 2020
- Attended the Festival of the Minds. WOW Great venue.
Wonderful foyer well used for the occasion for morning and Afternoon tea. Glass and warm looking out over the "Village Green" Good toilets. Seats to sit on all day are usually tough !!
Great foresight Bega. Wish All Councils were as progressive ! Verandah well used for the choir the previous night !Written 11 October 2019
- Scenic view wise, does not have much to offer other than a view of Bega and its surrounds. What may be useful is finding out, by way of a directions disc, how far you have come or are yet to go. Interesting, it is very close to being halfway mark between Sydney and Melbourne.Written 7 January 2023
- This Soldiers Memorial is a nice way for the town of Bega to remember those from the district that served and failed to return. Worth a look when in town and it is also the entrance to the sports ground.Written 5 October 2020
- When I first met Jo at the Merimbula markets in 2014, I had just moved to the area. I had always wanted to get into woodworking and I thought this would be a great way to meet new people in the local area that shared common interests and it offered a fantastic opportunity for me to learn new skills. I had no previous woodworking experience so I signed up for a weekend workshop and was so impressed with my shelf unit that I signed up for weekly Monday night classes. Over the last 3 years I have honed my woodworking skills under Jo's friendly and enthusiastic tutelage and have taken home many fine pieces including a saw horse, mortise & tenon stool, a letter box and tool box. I have gained so much more than just woodworking skills at the Two Sheds Workshop and I would highly recommend these workshops to anyone who has ever had the urge to build things with their own hands.Written 25 June 2018
Bega Attractions Information
|Saturday 8:32 pm|