9 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The lookout provides just stunning view - we did the walk down to Wineglass Bay early in the morning and followed through to Hazard Bay and back to the parking along the coast line/through the bush forest. The tour was very good to walk and very well marked - just an excellent experience.Written 2 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A world class attraction, easily accessible and walks for those of all fitness levels. This trip we did the lookout and Wineglass Bay Beach, Hazards Beach circuit. There are some reasonable climbs but the views from the lookout, beaches themselves, the walk across the Isthmus track and the lagoons are all fantastic. This is about a 12km walk with 500m (roughly) of climbing over the course, but totally worth it. Most of the walk is pretty easy and tracks are well formed. We completed in about 3 1/2 hours with a few stops.
Somewhere that will keep bringing us backWritten 5 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I nearly bailed on this hike after hearing about how challenging it was and if it had rained “don’t attempt” due to how slippery it would be…. Well it had rained so we had to wait an extra day to do the climb so the rock face had time to dry out! As it was smooth & quite steep with no grip! We set off at 5am to get the best sunrise view from the top. Make sure you have a headlamp or torch!! As it was nearly 1.5 hours of darkness! You “definitely” need great hiking shoes with good grip, don’t even attempt in gym shoes! (That would be madness). I regretted not wearing grippy gloves! We had amazing weather…. It was warm and even at the top it was still with no breeze, apparently this is rare!
The views from the top were breathtaking…. Magical …. We could had stayed up there for aging admiring the view! The climb down was faster & easier than I thought.
Biggest tip!!!! Definitely don’t climb if wet or rain is forecast!!!! It would be extremely dangerous!!!!Written 6 March 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful spot to visit. We walked around 9am on a weekend and arrived to a near-empty beach. Worth taking your swimmers for a dip in the crystal clear water. You could spend hours here if you have enough suncream, water and snacks. It was a little grey when we were at the lookout but blue skies by the time we were at the water.
Signage said the walk down to the bay from the lookout was 1.5 hours return, but for us (reasonable fitness with no breaks) it was 20 mins down and 25 mins back up. Total walking time from car park was 1.5 hours return.Written 18 February 2023
- Pretty and unspoiled with pristine white beaches and rocky headlands. Only did a day trip in, but it’s well set up for camping so May do this next trip worth visitingWritten 5 May 2023
- Isolated beauty….Simply stunning…complete serenity…truely relaxing…pristine waters….enough said, well worth the easy walk.Written 13 August 2022
- Absolutely delicious oysters!!
Tried both the natural ones, the Tasmanian flavored ones and the steamed ones with asian flavor, all top notch!!
However, way too expensive!! At 3$ each is seems really exaggerated considering they culture them next by and there’s no service (the clients do everything)
Too sad, as if not, we’ve been there twice a day;)Written 20 March 2023
- We did the overnight sea kayaking and camping trip. It was awesome! A fantastic experience. We saw stingrays, dolphins and lots of bird life, swam in Wineglass Bay and enjoyed sunset drinks at our beachside camp - perfect!Written 14 January 2020
- What a great couple of hours with our host Declan. A wealth of knowledge about oysters and the region. The oysters, mussels and experience is a must for anyone visiting Freycinet.Written 2 December 2023