National Parks • Nature & Wildlife Areas
9 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- A world class attraction, easily accessible and walks for those of all fitness levels. This trip we did the lookout and Wineglass Bay Beach, Hazards Beach circuit. There are some reasonable climbs but the views from the lookout, beaches themselves, the walk across the Isthmus track and the lagoons are all fantastic. This is about a 12km walk with 500m (roughly) of climbing over the course, but totally worth it. Most of the walk is pretty easy and tracks are well formed. We completed in about 3 1/2 hours with a few stops.
Somewhere that will keep bringing us backWritten 5 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful spot to visit. We walked around 9am on a weekend and arrived to a near-empty beach. Worth taking your swimmers for a dip in the crystal clear water. You could spend hours here if you have enough suncream, water and snacks. It was a little grey when we were at the lookout but blue skies by the time we were at the water.
Signage said the walk down to the bay from the lookout was 1.5 hours return, but for us (reasonable fitness with no breaks) it was 20 mins down and 25 mins back up. Total walking time from car park was 1.5 hours return.Written 18 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Pretty and unspoiled with pristine white beaches and rocky headlands. Only did a day trip in, but it’s well set up for camping so May do this next trip worth visitingWritten 5 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Isolated beauty….Simply stunning…complete serenity…truely relaxing…pristine waters….enough said, well worth the easy walk.Written 13 August 2022
- Absolutely delicious oysters!!
Tried both the natural ones, the Tasmanian flavored ones and the steamed ones with asian flavor, all top notch!!
However, way too expensive!! At 3$ each is seems really exaggerated considering they culture them next by and there’s no service (the clients do everything)
Too sad, as if not, we’ve been there twice a day;)Written 20 March 2023
- We did the overnight sea kayaking and camping trip. It was awesome! A fantastic experience. We saw stingrays, dolphins and lots of bird life, swam in Wineglass Bay and enjoyed sunset drinks at our beachside camp - perfect!Written 14 January 2020
- Very informative cruise with plenty to see. The head honcho of the organisation was skipper for this cruise so the commentary contained some personal insights which were great fun. We were lucky to see dolphins, seals, whales and a sea eagle as well as the spectacular coast of the Freycinet Peninsula.
We were booked on the lower deck which had the advantage of external access to the front of the vessel. The only downside was the bento-box lunch which didn't really match the quality of the rest of the offering. That's the only reason for my 4* rating (yes - I know - a bit mean but I do try to reserve 5*s for something that's really really excellent).Written 9 December 2023
- We wanted to see Freycinet National Park and Wineglass Bay like all the photos we see (from up above) so this is what we did. It was sensational, loved every minute of it. Having the window open was exhilarating. Once in a lifetime. Mahmoud was a total star; experienced, knowledgeable and most importantly safe. Take off and landing couldn’t have been more smoother. Do yourself a favour, spoil yourself and/or a loved one (like I did, Xmas gift to my partner) and fly.Written 21 March 2023
- A great way to get a different perspective on this stunning landscape for our family of 4. Steve showed us unique wildlife - sea eagles and seals were the highlight. Followed by some fun fishing - Steve provided all the gear and bait and we caught and released a good variety. We had a lovely time.Written 20 April 2023