5 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The lookout provides just stunning view - we did the walk down to Wineglass Bay early in the morning and followed through to Hazard Bay and back to the parking along the coast line/through the bush forest. The tour was very good to walk and very well marked - just an excellent experience.Written 2 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I nearly bailed on this hike after hearing about how challenging it was and if it had rained “don’t attempt” due to how slippery it would be…. Well it had rained so we had to wait an extra day to do the climb so the rock face had time to dry out! As it was smooth & quite steep with no grip! We set off at 5am to get the best sunrise view from the top. Make sure you have a headlamp or torch!! As it was nearly 1.5 hours of darkness! You “definitely” need great hiking shoes with good grip, don’t even attempt in gym shoes! (That would be madness). I regretted not wearing grippy gloves! We had amazing weather…. It was warm and even at the top it was still with no breeze, apparently this is rare!
The views from the top were breathtaking…. Magical …. We could had stayed up there for aging admiring the view! The climb down was faster & easier than I thought.
Biggest tip!!!! Definitely don’t climb if wet or rain is forecast!!!! It would be extremely dangerous!!!!Written 6 March 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Isolated beauty….Simply stunning…complete serenity…truely relaxing…pristine waters….enough said, well worth the easy walk.Written 13 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A well worth visit with views to die for. A magnificent support to visiting wineglass bay. It's only a small loop and the trail is suitable for wheelchairs.Written 5 April 2023
- Absolutely delicious oysters!!
Tried both the natural ones, the Tasmanian flavored ones and the steamed ones with asian flavor, all top notch!!
However, way too expensive!! At 3$ each is seems really exaggerated considering they culture them next by and there’s no service (the clients do everything)
Too sad, as if not, we’ve been there twice a day;)Written 20 March 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Coles Bay
- These are the best places for couples seeking sights & landmarks in Coles Bay:See more sights & landmarks for couples in Coles Bay on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly sights & landmarks in Coles Bay:See more budget-friendly sights & landmarks in Coles Bay on Tripadvisor