Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- A walk to the top is well worth the beautiful views. Easy parking available. There are several viewing spots to capture breathtaking pictures. You can also hike down to the beach.Written 26 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A world class attraction, easily accessible and walks for those of all fitness levels. This trip we did the lookout and Wineglass Bay Beach, Hazards Beach circuit. There are some reasonable climbs but the views from the lookout, beaches themselves, the walk across the Isthmus track and the lagoons are all fantastic. This is about a 12km walk with 500m (roughly) of climbing over the course, but totally worth it. Most of the walk is pretty easy and tracks are well formed. We completed in about 3 1/2 hours with a few stops.
Somewhere that will keep bringing us backWritten 5 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I nearly bailed on this hike after hearing about how challenging it was and if it had rained “don’t attempt” due to how slippery it would be…. Well it had rained so we had to wait an extra day to do the climb so the rock face had time to dry out! As it was smooth & quite steep with no grip! We set off at 5am to get the best sunrise view from the top. Make sure you have a headlamp or torch!! As it was nearly 1.5 hours of darkness! You “definitely” need great hiking shoes with good grip, don’t even attempt in gym shoes! (That would be madness). I regretted not wearing grippy gloves! We had amazing weather…. It was warm and even at the top it was still with no breeze, apparently this is rare!
The views from the top were breathtaking…. Magical …. We could had stayed up there for aging admiring the view! The climb down was faster & easier than I thought.
Biggest tip!!!! Definitely don’t climb if wet or rain is forecast!!!! It would be extremely dangerous!!!!Written 6 March 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A short walk to the lighthouse and lookout. Easy parking available. Beautiful views all around. There are spots to sit along the way.Written 26 November 2023
- Beautiful spot to visit. We walked around 9am on a weekend and arrived to a near-empty beach. Worth taking your swimmers for a dip in the crystal clear water. You could spend hours here if you have enough suncream, water and snacks. It was a little grey when we were at the lookout but blue skies by the time we were at the water.
Signage said the walk down to the bay from the lookout was 1.5 hours return, but for us (reasonable fitness with no breaks) it was 20 mins down and 25 mins back up. Total walking time from car park was 1.5 hours return.Written 18 February 2023
- We stayed two nights and truly has been a standout stay on our motoring RV trip. The Hazard Mountains smack you in the face as you drive in and it’s quite a site! It’s a quaint little place right on the cusp of Freycinet National Park and famed Wineglass Bay. It’s pretty and cute and coastal which I loved. We stayed at the local Big 4 which is right on the bay, adjoining a supermarket, cafe/bakery/pizzaria (depending what time and day it is) and a cracking tavern with huge tempura oysters and great outside sitting area. It’s a must to walk about 200m down the beach and watch the sunset on the Hazards - or even from the park. Both nights were beautiful. Also recommend a coffee from the bakery - one of the best on this trip - and walk down to the boat ramp and take in the glistening bay with their crystal clear waters. We were keen to do a Wineglass Bay Tour which left not far from camp but we were really after a bit of chill time. Did duck out with Oyster Bay Tours at Freycinet Marine Farm for a two hour tour and educational guide to their oysters and mussels. Trying a freshly opened oyster while standing in our waders is worth the $145 but you also get a guide how to open a half dozen yourself, enjoy some steamed mussels, class of Riesling, lots of info from Declan and again a huge vista that smacks you in the face. Coles Bay had it all for me and loved our time here. I will visit again but stay longer!Written 20 October 2023
- Pretty and unspoiled with pristine white beaches and rocky headlands. Only did a day trip in, but it’s well set up for camping so May do this next trip worth visitingWritten 5 May 2023
- Fantastic views that are only a short walk from the car park. We visited early Saturday morning and only one other family was present, making it a peaceful experience. Would love to visit again in the summer and go for a swim as the water looked divine, even though it was late autumn. If you decide to walk on the rocks be aware of barnacles that live on the parts closest to the water! The car park was a bit uneven and muddy at the time of our visit (early May). You need to have a parks pass to visit here, but we saw no rangers around checking passes during our visit.Written 15 July 2023
- If you are in Freycinet, this is a definite visit. You get to walk to a small beach on the seaside of Freycinet National Park. Some amazing and colourful rock formations right down by the course and sandy beachWritten 5 April 2023
- It was a stunning and easy walk to the wineglass bay lookout. We were there over a long weekend and there were a lot of people enjoying the same walk.Written 25 March 2023
- Isolated beauty….Simply stunning…complete serenity…truely relaxing…pristine waters….enough said, well worth the easy walk.Written 13 August 2022
- A well worth visit with views to die for. A magnificent support to visiting wineglass bay. It's only a small loop and the trail is suitable for wheelchairs.Written 5 April 2023
- Called in to confirm our parks pass and the staff present were very keen to help and offer suggestions for our visit. Good souvenir shop as well.Written 28 May 2022
- Absolutely delicious oysters!!
Tried both the natural ones, the Tasmanian flavored ones and the steamed ones with asian flavor, all top notch!!
However, way too expensive!! At 3$ each is seems really exaggerated considering they culture them next by and there’s no service (the clients do everything)
Too sad, as if not, we’ve been there twice a day;)Written 20 March 2023
- Very windy here today on an otherwise beautiful and fine day. Good spot for private launching of boats and jet skis.
Lovely views.Written 15 January 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Freycinet
- The best day trips from Freycinet according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Wineglass Bay & Freycinet NP Full Day Tour from Hobart via Richmond Village
- Wineglass Bay and Freycinet National Park Active Day Trip from Hobart
- Wineglass Bay Explorer Active Day Trip from Launceston
- Wineglass Bay Day Tour Private Charter Service
- Wineglass Bay Beach Hike
Freycinet Attractions Information
|Sunday 2:21 am|