4 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- A nice walk - not difficult- had the beach to
Ourselves- low tide is a preferable time to visit-
Beautiful!!!Written 5 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great views, stunning scenery, a great couple hour walk. Lots to stop and look at. We did it in a clockwise loop-definitely hit the steeper side that way.Written 9 March 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A good walk with some nice scenery and a couple of lovely beaches. The most annoying part was finding out that the walk was 4 km longer than listed.Written 6 January 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This walk was great...once we found it. As elsewhere on Bruny Island the signposting for most of the trails is abysmal.
The walk along Cloudy Bay beach is lovely, the sand is firm and you'll see a lot of birds along there. Be aware that 4WDs use it as well.
The trick is that when you reach the end of the beach do NOT go up to the camp ground. That just adds extra time and confusion. Instead, keep along the beach until you arrive at the final little stream flowing into the sea. There you cross over the little stream and up to the actual track.
Though heavily overgrown in places the track is easy enough to follow. Watch out for snakes as they like to bask on the sand paths, but you can usually see them well in advance.
The path is easily followed, but your end goal is not visible. You are always thinking it's just around the next bend, at the next rise, over the next hill. The path itself is very long and towards the end the undergrowth is quite thick in places. There is also no real sign of where the track ends so you have to follow your gut to get to some open clearings with the best view.
The walk back is mostly downhill and on more secure footing. Overall a great experience, but be prepared for a good 14km or so walk including the beach!Written 27 January 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Bruny Island
- These places are best for hiking trails in Bruny Island:See more hiking trails in Bruny Island on Tripadvisor