6 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Light & sound show of the history of the steam train in the north of South Australia & the huge amounts of ore moved from Silverton & Broken Hill to Port Pirie for processing.
Peterbrough was the northwest hub for all trains until 1970.
Great sound & light show, very well put together & the show is in a AC carriage, heated for winter, luckily as it was windy & cold when we were here.
Totally recommend.Written 7 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I never knew there was such a diversity of motorcycles. Ian has curated a collection of the unusual and he will willingly talk about them.Written 24 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great printing works in Peterborough. Very good tour by Mary. Excellent to see the printing machines working. Highly recommended!Written 17 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a great introduction to the history of Peterborough and the region. Sit and watch the passing view in the cabin. Free. Highly recommended!Written 17 September 2021
- Great display of history of town in the well presented 'N' gauge model train that runs for 10 minutes with the press of a button, and series of mural panels. The shop was well stocked also! Accessible by wheelchair - small step at entrance, and wide access lanes once inside BUT need to be able to stand or be held at standing height to see the train model.Written 9 June 2023
- An interesting museum full of the history and life in Peterborough. Well set out displays with each room set up with focus on different parts of past life in the Peterborough area. A brilliant display and entry by donation.Written 28 February 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Peterborough
- These are the best places for groups seeking museums in Peterborough:See more museums for groups in Peterborough on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly museums in Peterborough:See more budget-friendly museums in Peterborough on Tripadvisor