Bodies of Water • Nature & Wildlife Areas
Tours near Mount Barker
Book these experiences to see what the area has to offer.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Phwoar! What a beautiful place? So much thought and care gone into these gorgeous wetlands. We actually ran out of time to circumnavigate as much as we had hoped. Brilliant pathways designated for all types of transport - by wheelchair, foot, bike, and with dogs. A magnificent idea. The ponds were brilliant and tons of seating afforded to admire and contemplate. A must visit for that picnic. Please -leave your mobile at home and relax with nature and talk to your companions.Written 8 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Definitely not suitable for caravans or motorhomes. Only a few parking spots available and limited space to reverse. Also, the 1km dirt road to the parking area is very narrow and gets muddy when wet. However, it is possible to walk up as once at the carpark it's only 250 meters to the summit. It's also possible to walk around the mountain, though be careful to wear sturdy shoes and alert others you are doing so as it's very rocky and can get slippery.
Just going to the summit or having a picnic just below the summit is well worth while as the views are amazing. There is also some amazing birdlife - I saw an eagle and colourful Parrots when visiting.Written 14 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This local fresh grower's market is held every Saturday between 8:30am and 12:30pm. It can be easily found at Mann Street, next door to the Mt Barker Bowling Club. There is plenty of on-street and off-street parking right nearby.
The market offers a variety of regional, fresh and seasonal products sold directly by the growers. They also have flowers, plants, bread, eggs, meat, small goods, wines, sauces, jams, chutneys, fresh pasta, olive oil, honey, fresh coffee, hot food, baked goods and the selection of vegetarian and gluten free foods. Because of the cooler weather (and occasional showers) there wasn't as many stallholders as they usually have but was the perfect opportunity to browse and get some freshly made food for breakfast.
Unfortunately, we missed the Artisans’ Market which runs on the first Saturday of the month, in conjunction with the Farmers' Market.Written 9 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We went to a concert at Ukaria. It could not have been a more perfect experience. Before the concert we toured the gardens and enjoyed the setting. The small auditorium seats about 220 and the sound, with the beautiful backdrop of landscape, was everything I could have hoped for.Written 11 March 2019
- I always love to find different things to see and do whenever we travel, I was fortunate enough to learn about the Hills Sculpture Trail before our travel began. There are twenty six outdoor sculptures crafted by artists from around the world on the trail to discover, you can find many in Mt Barker, Stirling and Hahndorf for example. It's adds a different dimension to a day our touring.Written 16 March 2021
- Easy to locate with a choice of two entrances at either Totness or Paechtown. A delightfully thought out hike with an unexpected and desirable dam at the bottom. You can fish out of the dam as people were doing. Its not the quietest place in town as the freeway sounds are overbearing but the flora is magic. Ans that dam! Easy to locate and park.Written 8 January 2022
- I recently visited this store and I was amazed at the variety of unique items on sale and the furniture that has been restored by the owner Dave. They do traditional restorations and also paint newer furniture in 2 pack, there’s heaps of man cave stuff for sale too. Worth a visit if you have stuff needing repair or restoration!Written 3 October 2022
- Brilliant service. Delicious beers all made on sight. Good was incredible, must get the pizzas
Very private and close experience which is great very different to other places with very loud music and the kids out of school.
Must see!!Written 15 May 2021
- We came here to have dinner at the winter reds festival.
One or two reasonable wines. Iluma syrah the best, at $65 a bottle.
Paid $90 for a 5 course meal. A bowl of lettuce leaves was served as one meal, and 1/4 of a red cabbage was another meal. Only meal with meat was beef and lentils that was uncooked, chewy and fatty.
Will not be back. Fairly disappointing evening for $180.
Wait staff very pleasant but food and wine not worth it.Written 28 August 2021
- Formally X-Site Gaming - Game Lobby is excellent entertainment for all ages. The Virtual reality (VR) is a lot of fun. Had a first go and it was difficult but hilarious at the same time. Many arcade games, pool table, pinball, plus X-Box and Nintendo games.
There are various prices and packages to choose from, something for everyone. They have skill tester games which aren't included in the entry fees, but that's ok.
On further investigation, they have various board games you can play at the tables, all neatly in shelves just waiting for attention.
There are brand new games available for purchase. They have an on site cafe and the menu is incredible. Great prices and generous serving sizes.
Staff are so attentive, helpful and super friendly!Written 21 April 2021
- Thank you so much for a great day.surprise for 50th birthday. Barossa wine tour.. We would highly recommend..Written 26 July 2019
- An amazing day. The volunteers were very knowledgeable. We had plenty of time in Victor Harbour for lunch and a walk around the town. Even though it was schoolies week the atmosphere was magical in Victor Harbour. The only thing I would like improved is that you swap seats on the way back to see different things as both sides of scenery are different.Written 2 December 2023
- We were really excited to go to Buzz Honey while we were in the Adelaide hills, and we were even more surprised to see it in the middle of Hahndorf. It is now opposite the Hahndorf Inn. Great honey tasting, awesome honey ice cream, but unfortunately the queen had died a month or so earlier, so no hive. This would have also been during the school holidays, so I'm sure there would have been many children a little disappointed to not see a bee hive in action. It would have been 5/5 if the hive was in action.Written 17 October 2018
- Made a serving board and matching coasters all while having a glass (or two) of wine. There is a fantastic gift shop for handmade crafts to purchase or give you ideas for your next workshop.
Jenny and Keith are welcoming and make you feel like and honoured guest.
We will absolutely be going back, in fact we have already purchased more gift certificates for upcoming birthdays!Written 25 February 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Mount Barker
- The most popular things to do in Mount Barker with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Mount Barker on Tripadvisor
Mount Barker Attractions Information
|Sunday 5:19 pm|