Piers & Boardwalks • Lookouts
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- This circular walk is simply stunning, so good we did it anti-clockwise one day and then came back to do in reverse the next. Beautifully crafted with wooden steps and walkways interspersed with benches and viewing platforms. You can also take your four legged friend on leash as well.
So many great vantage points where an abundance of wildlife can be observed, along with the power of the ocean crashing into the impressive gorge. We spotted whales close to shore, dolphins, white-bellied sea eagles, wallabies, 'roos and a variety of smaller birds.
There are many interesting information boards en-route, but also a protest site where indigenous locals are objecting to a proposed new information centre. My own personal opinion is that this development is definitely not necessary within an area of such environmental and cultural significance. Pay a visit and decide for yourself.Written 20 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We spent a wonderful day here enjoying the sun the sea and the sand. Not crowded and very comfortable beach with great access and gorgeous views across the waterWritten 10 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Absolutely loved it! Fishing was great, nice place to watch the sunset and nice little swimming enclosure.Written 18 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We came here as the beach was quiet. The beach itself is beautiful and there is plenty of space if you want your own little area of beach. It is beautifully kept with no rubbishWritten 16 November 2023
- Tranquil spot that is fairly easily accessible via sealed and then short bumpy section of dirt road. Picnic tables scattered around under the teatrees. The pure rainwater lake looked enticing for a dip, but we just stayed a short while to take in the serenity and use the long-drop facilities. Google maps shows a lakeside 4WD track, but this appeared to be blocked off.Written 21 September 2022
- Its right across from the Ferry and bus stop and well worth walking through to catch the bus at the shops or opposite the Hotel. There are lots of history here with the shipwrecks, the diseases and also the war. There is a whole section of un-named graves from the first world war.Written 4 June 2022
- A beautiful jetty on a great location to enjoy the bay views and on particular to enjoy the beautiful sunsets over the RedlandsWritten 10 December 2023
- I went there on my last trip, but this time it was closed and we tried 3 times. Its a very interesting museum so it was sad that it was not openWritten 4 June 2022
- What a beautiful piece of Australia just a 45min barge trip from Cleveland Qld. Great views, pristine water, whales, dolphins, kangaroos and cheeky kookaburras. Wonderful fishing. Happy and helpful locals. Great for families and the private get aways.Written 30 September 2023
- This is very pretty but it is a bit of the walk. 3.2 km in both direction. Gentle slope down and what feels like a less gentle slope up. Remember this is sand walking so its not as easy as you might think. For most at least 1.5 hours return. The tracks actually link up, but the map doesn't show this.Written 12 October 2020
- A visit to Delvene Cockatoo Collins' Gallery is a must when visiting Minjerribah (North Stradbroke Island). Her work is beautiful. Buying one of Delvene's gorgeous calendars for my sister for Christmas has become my annual tradition and I have given many friends one of Delvene's tea towels. The designs are so unique. And I LOVE her earrings. I have also had the pleasure of attending some of her art works shops and treasure the art work I created.Written 28 July 2023
- A popular spot for the locals to swim. There is a short board walk and area to explore amongst the mangroves. Worth a look if you are passing.Written 22 December 2018
- Starfish Studio is a unique Point Lookout gallery selling special Stradbroke Island art which is practical, functional and really lovely to have in your home. I have sent gifts and cards around the world as they do capture the sunshine and Straddie colours, plus the flora and fauna unique to the Island. Check opening times as the artist/owner is a busy Mum too.Written 20 January 2020
- You have the chance to see kangoroos and Koalas if you are lucky. This is a nice National Park to visit.Written 27 November 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about North Stradbroke Island
- The best day trips from North Stradbroke Island according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- North Stradbroke Island SUNSET Tour
- North Stradbroke Island (Minjerribah) Day Trip from Brisbane
- Stradbroke Island 4WD Day Trip from Brisbane
- North Stradbroke Island Private Tour with Pickup
- North Stradbroke Island - Scenic Flight & 4WD EcoTour with Lunch
North Stradbroke Island Attractions Information
|Tuesday 4:47 am|