- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
15 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Some newer pieces priced as if they are 150 years old. Requested to pay if not buying. Very strange shopping experience. I would not return. SorryWritten 3 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lots of Antiques to look at and purchase. Becky the owner is very knowledgeable and kind. Easy access off hwy.Written 15 September 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Not a bad place, especially for the size. Picked up a few items outside. Inside had a few things that might interest some people.Written 20 July 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Be ready to spend when you walk in the door because if you are really looking for genuine antiques then this is your store. We bought probably 10 items at least and talked about purchasing a couple of more that we just couldn't come to terms on yet; but we'll be back.Written 21 October 2021
- This was fun, affordable outing to do with our girls. They had a blast finding different gems and stones. A very memorable time for our little family!Written 2 March 2022
- This is a wonderful shop. So much merchandise in one place. I only live a little over an hour away, but seen ads on tv. So glad I made the trip. It will take more than one trip to browse since I get tired easily. I am sure I will be back. If you're looking for some specific items, I like the displays separated or grouped by similar items. Prices were not out of sight. I would like to see more Made in the USA merchandise, which I look for and prefer to purchase. (I bought a smaller jigsaw puzzle made in the USA rather than the larger imported one I really liked.) I particularly like that there is a clean public restroom in the store. I shop where restrooms are available. Also the covered porch has wonderful rocking chairs available when you need a short break.Written 12 June 2022
- it was a great view, one really great view of the mountains. we took many photos and enjoyed the look out.Written 21 October 2020
- What a treat. Stopped in and really enjoyed these two stores just simply beautiful. Lots of uniaue crafts and gifts as well as some tourist Staples. The Back garden area Behind in between the two buildings two buildings is really something. Enjoyed the staff they were very friendly, helpful and professional.Written 24 September 2020
- They have a wonderful supply of private label jams, relishes, jellies, apple butter, etc. We bought probably 8-10 different varieties. They also have craft and souvenir type items for decoration and keep sakes. We will definitely be back to this store in Maggie Valley.Written 21 October 2021
- We come from Colorado once or twice a year and Old Gray Mare is our first stop. Great produce, often cheaper than Farmers Market in Asheville. More than friendly atmosphere, just downright great folks. But the best part is the hot boiled peanuts! We stock up before going home, freeze them, and enjoy them all year. Best peanuts around, we've tried many others if they are out or closed... nothing compares.Written 1 April 2022
- I'm a pottery person. Love unique and well crafted pieces. This place is definitely a hidden gem. We stopped by while on a quick trip to the Valley and the father was there - such a sweet man and very informative. Their pieces are just beautiful. Well worth it. Picked up a beautiful piece in the Sagebrush color. Definitely recommend this place if you want a high quality piece.Written 16 June 2021
- I love that this gem of a store exists. All locally made by REAL people, right here in America. Even better the people of the region. I love that we could pick up a gift, and a memento while on our trip to remember our time in the mountains forever.Written 17 April 2018
- We saw the sign on the road for this shop, otherwise, would have missed it. We have so few shops selling religious or faith based merchandise. This store is well laid out and clean. Merchandise is reasonably priced, but selection was limited. A lady behind counter was not friendly or helpful, but the young man who checked us out was very nice and courteous. Gave us a ball point pen with their information, which was a nice touch. Of course, they didn't have a public restroom, which I always need. Had to walk past about 4 stores to find one. (If I hadn't already found items I wanted to purchase, I would not have gone back after using restroom, because the other stores had great selections also - but not the religious items I needed). I prefer shopping in person to ordering online. I know these are trying times, but customers really need to feel welcome and appreciated when spending time and money in stores. I will be probably return because I am pleased with my purchases.Written 12 June 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Maggie Valley
- These are the best places for kid-friendly shopping in Maggie Valley:See more shopping for children in Maggie Valley on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly shopping in Maggie Valley:See more budget-friendly shopping in Maggie Valley on Tripadvisor