Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- All the beaches are greate on the island.
The Basin is one of the least crowded beaches and gives as well nice shelter for wind.
Toilets near as well.Written 22 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A nice beach but unfortunately, no cover from the hot sun. It wasn't so busy went visited. Great beach to swim.Written 4 March 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There is a lot to see on the Island.
Great peaches, history, Quakkas and great views to the Indian Ocean.
We walked around 3 hours and we did see a lot.
You can rent a bike and then you can see even more.
There are several restaurants/cafes aroud Island so you can get food and drinks when you feel so.
Very nice day on the Island.Written 22 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I did one of the loop walks from the ferry docks and headed up the coast and then inland. The lakes are amazing and there are lots of interesting signs to read. I liked the parts where the path was just for walkers and no bikes.Written 17 September 2023
- An amazing and unexpected find on this beautiful holiday island. Well preserved gun emplacement, and guided tour of the underground facilities supporting it. Guide very knowledgeable.
There is a second unrestored gun position about 1k away, but I didn’t have time to walk across. Also various other wartime sites on the island to explore.
They take preserving this aspect of their history seriously!Written 13 September 2023
- The museum tells the story about incarceration of nearly 4000 aborigines, of which over 200 died. It was a sad story, well told with raw stories from descendants, but didn’t seem to say why many of them were incarcerated, why only aborigines or how it fitted into the Australian penal system.Written 26 October 2023
- Beautiful beach with stairs for easy access. Close to town so you can walk down from from the boat or cycle down.Written 24 September 2021
- Views from the base of the lighthouse are beautiful and worth a walk or bike ride up from the jetty. Beautiful blue waters.Written 12 August 2023
- The lighthouse is an easy walk from the village and wharf area, and is worth a look. The coastal scenery is pretty and the views are good. Plenty of opportunities to see Quokkas too.Written 21 April 2023
- This was definitely the scenic high point of our tour of Rottnest Island. The rugged limestone cliffs, sapphire blue bay, and eroded arch are very photogenic. A great spot to spend an hour or more.Written 20 October 2022
- It's worth the pedal to get to the far end of the island. A nice boardwalk out to see wild surf surging through the rocks. Bonus is an osprey nest across the bay - take your binoculars.Written 12 May 2022
- A stunning beach with crystal clear waters and white sand. Absolutely breathtaking. Can’t wait to return in the warmer months to swimWritten 3 July 2023
- Geordie Bay Cafe has great coffee and food. We enjoyed breakfast there this morning.
Best for food and coffee on the island.Written 21 October 2021
- Everything you need, wine and produce and everyday necessities at IGA, great inexpensive bakery with hot pies, good coffee, and cakes. Subway too!Written 8 July 2021
- Probably shouldnt tell anyone as its a rather small bay, but if you get there early enough and have the place to yourself well worth the ride. Must be popular however there was a VW coffee van selling bits and pieces.Written 12 November 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Rottnest Island
- The best day trips from Rottnest Island according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Discover Rottnest with Ferry & Bus Tour
- Experience Rottnest with Ferry & Bike Hire
- Rottnest Island Round-Trip Ferry from Perth
- Fremantle to Rottnest Island Roundtrip Ferry Ticket
- Adventure Rottnest Tour with Ferry & Adventure Cruise
Rottnest Island Attractions Information
|Friday 9:02 pm|