Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- If you are in this area of Tasmania you have to stop at the Oldest Bridge in Australia. It is a lovely bridge to photograph.Written 24 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Absolutely incredible place, so lovely to visit! We went for sunset drink tasting and bought some souvenirs. Stunning venue - imagine it would be perfect for anything from lunch to weddings to any celebration or just a family day out (playground, ducks, fenced areas). Staff are incredibly professionally and friendly - especially Talia who went out of her way to ensure our experience was exceptional.Written 29 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Thought that was good fun to look at and would suit families and those interested in a little bit of Tasmanian history. However, I thought $17.50 for a single was a bit excessive.Written 7 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great little spot, A fantastic family run winery, being looked after by the owners is always a treat compared to bigger winery’s.
Even though they were unexpectedly busy, they successfully juggled everyone.
The wine and cheese is perfect… and after tasting their wines we had difficulty deciding which ones to buy (we bought two)…Written 11 June 2023
- The history of this goal is really interesting and the information provided in each room was really good. If you are interested in Goals this is a must visit.Written 24 October 2023
- Small location but there is a fair bit packed into the area. You can hand feed some animals and there is enough to keep everyone interested. Feeding the lions was amazing and cost no extra. The birds, particularly the walk-through aviary just near the entrance was very cool. We loved watching the Tasmanian devils and wombats. Don't expect a place with a lot of polish, but it has got a lot of personality and the keepers are very friendly and entertaining.
"It was amazing!" - my 10 year old daughter.Written 7 July 2021
- Awesome place to go for lunch and tastings. Pizzas are small but DELICIOUS and oysters were delicious and really well priced. Wine is wonderfulWritten 6 November 2023
- Fantastic. We visited due to excitement factor for 9yo son. We actually all really enjoyed it (44, 44, 19 & 9). Very informative, modern and the lady who was there was very informative and gave us some great tips and direction as we navigated displays!Written 29 October 2023
- For folks lucky enough to have been to Pressing Matters, you will know how magnificent the views are. Wine aficionados will also be aware of the quality of the wine being produced here. But the freshly minted digs for Pressing Matters is a huge step-up on the total experience for visitors. The new, architect designed tasting room is well worth visiting for itself. It’s tasteful, modern and with plenty of space and comfortable seating indoors and outdoors which take full advantage of the immediate vineyard surroundings scenery as well as the glorious views down the valley.
What was particularly striking for me was the friendly and welcoming staff! Stephanie and her team were authentic in their enthusiasm and sharing of their wine expertise- which for novices like me, was much appreciated.
Being so close to the historic town of Richmond, and an easy taxi or Uber from Hobart, Pressing Matters is a must do!Written 11 November 2023
- A lovely, old church located in Richmond. A beautiful historic building to visit while you're in the area.Written 18 October 2022
- Mouthwatering little parcels of delicious. The picnic area is a delight, where you can sit on the grass or on the recycled pallet chairs. The views over the countryside are ideal. A lovely spot.Written 10 October 2022
- Staff are fantastic very friendly, best welcome ever. Don,t miss this experience. Chivon and Abo shared their knowledge and made us feel at home.Written 6 March 2023
- We specifically had a trip to Richmond to go hunting for antiques - we started and finished at Walter and Co. Todd and Glen are 3rd generation antique dealers and know their stuff! They have some very unique and incredible pieces... we managed to part them from more than a few!!! Definitely a destination and not a stop-over!!Written 14 April 2022
- Brilliant shop. Stunning location. The products are just beautiful from the candles, the skin care to the soaps which are exquisite.Written 13 March 2023
- Called in to have a look and say hello to Warwick ...a great stop and browse and have a chat to a very knowledgeable person about the history of Tasmania particularly it’s architecture and furnitureWritten 7 December 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Richmond
- The best day trips from Richmond according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Day Tour in Mt. Field, Mt. Wellington, Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary and Richmond
- Port Arthur Full-day Guided Tour with Harbour Cruise and Tasman National Park
- Wineglass Bay & Freycinet NP Full Day Tour from Hobart via Richmond Village
- Port Arthur and Tassie Devils Active Day Tour from Hobart
- Tasmanian Wine Tour
Richmond Attractions Information
|Friday 7:12 pm|