Popular things to do
- Top Picks
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Shopping Malls
- Food, Wine & Nightlife
- Cruises, Sailing & Water Tours
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Water Sports
- Private & Custom Tours
- Churches & Cathedrals
- Sporting Events
- Outdoor Activities
- Walking Tours
- Special Offers
- Museum Tickets & Passes
- Shopping Passes & Offers
Top Attractions in Daytona Beach
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- while visiting my daughter at school, we attended a race, my first one. it was fun - hot but fun. No need to do it again.Written 21 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Absolutely beautiful beach! We've been to several beaches - in Florida and other parts of the world. This was one of our favorites in Florida!Written 25 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Amazing fun but the limitations are annoying for experienced drivers with seat time in track and race carsMy girlfriend and I took a random unplanned trip to Daytona International Speedway and whilst there I was advised by a security guard that there was a chance to do passenger laps or even drive the NASCAR myself if I wanted too that coming weekend. Being from the UK this is not something that's normally available to me and being a petrol head meant I had to go.
Not knowing what to expect we booked Passenger laps before leaving after the tour, but after leaving I regretted not booking to drive and so tried online. This didn't work so I hoped it would be an option on the day and luckily it was.
The staff were very accommodating, friendly and professional. However I do feel that the staff taking you too and from the pit wall to the cars for passenger rides are a little intense (maybe a health and safety thing), but being adults you don't need to be pushed to the car as just walking next to you would suffice.
Also as this can be an expensive thing to do maybe allow a little time (even a few mins for some good photo's of each party with the car for memories sake) outside of the professional photos as this seemed a bit much of an ask for the passenger rides which is a shame when we have just spend circa £1100.00 gbp.
The Experience Booking:
We booked for 11am and 12noon, we arrived in good time (around 10.15am) and this is when we booked for me to also drive, initially I booked 5 mins but I was told during the briefing that with my track experience in various track and race cars I would be better suited to 8+ so not knowing what to expect I upped the time to 8 mins.
Did I get the same discount as that was available for online bookings? NO, annoyingly online there was a huge discount for booking a drive, whereas at the venue this was not honoured, have it been honoured I would have booked 16+ mins.
This was very informative, this is key more for those with no experience around race cars or manual transmissions, however being from the UK and being a track addict myself this was not really much I have not seen at any race track I have driven on.
The passenger laps:
These were great, you get 3 laps, 3 fast laps, I had one on the low line (as this is the line I would have to drive) and two on the high line, whereas my partner was given three fast laps on the high line and she really enjoyed it.
This is where I have mixed feelings, I loved it and would/will be doing it again for sure, but there are a few things that bugged me which should be addressed for a better customer response.
Upon starting the car you are alone apart from speaking to a spotter, you're tasked with being in 4th (the final gear) before entering the track and from there you can steadily gain pace, however if you have paid for the 5 minute or as I found even 8 minutes a portion of that time is taken by lower speed laps during the start & end of your run. Also please note the spotter can and will control how many rpm's your car is allowed which greatly limits you at times. I tried to stay within the spotters rpm's but there were a few times I felt the car needed more and when added the power was cut.
Having many many years experience driving track and race cars on many tracks I was expecting to be allowed to push the car a little more. Within 1.5 - 2 laps I felt comfortable with the cars characteristics, the track and line I was expected to take and the grip felt through the full slick tyres and I was ready to add some speed, but the spotter cut the power a number of times (which is noticeable in the video), this was a little annoying as I had intentions of pushing the car a bit more to fully appreciate the sport, the car's and the sheer size and gradient of the track and it's corners..
I managed 143mph and feel that if the rev/rpm limit was changed based on an individuals experience then it would be a much better experience. I could have comfortably managed 160+ even 180mph dependant on minutes and other cars around me. Throughout my seat time I did not see one other car and so wonder why the limits to the rpm were so strict when I was advised a number of times my lines and smoothness were perfect.
I have heard that in 8 mins the max speed you can get to is 145mph so I assume that maybe, and I mean maybe, if you invest more money for more time then they may let you go faster and allow the rpm restrictions to be lifted a bit.
Negatives about speed and restrictions aside you have to remember this is an experience and the organisers have to be careful and consider all aspects from health and safety etc. Also I understand that business has to operate with a rule for all and not one rule for one and another rule for another etc.
Would I do this again:
YES, I wouldn't hesitate, however it would be nice if the spotters are a little more lenient in allowing more rpm's and speed if they see from the start you can drive well and are experienced, such can easily be seen in ones lines, smoothness and understanding of the car and it's characteristics as for me I loved the experience but did not get to fully appreciate the sheer speed, sound and handling of these amazing cars on a superb track where I wanted to experience more g's in the bends etc
We were shocked to hear that refunds are not given, not even to international customers which is appalling, our experience was nearly rained off, we had two massive downpours and were a little worried at one stage.,
Luckily the track dried out, however had it not we were advised we could go back another day or have a credit for a future experience. Neither of these are of much use to people on holiday who could be flying back the next day and live over 3000 miles away.
Refunds should be an option if a cancellation takes place, it's as simple as that like with any other business, especially if the customers physically cannot re-attend due to examples similar to those mentioned above.
There is no where to eat here, unless you leave the groundsWritten 1 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- 1st visit. Was very shocked. Was pretty good. We went for the planetarium, and the art and kids museum was nice. My husband was not into the art but he liked it. My daughter is a teen and enjoyed it. We missed the Andy Warhol traveling art show (time to meet family). We would go back. I would recommend getting the combo ticket so you can see the fine art museum next door. I also recommend coming early, see the first show, the walk around after and buy 2nd show to the planetarium. See two shows if timed right and we’ll worth it.Written 30 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a blast on our beach ride! Terry and jennnifer were wonderful to work with and conversation with. The horses were so sweet. We loved that it wasn’t a typical trail experience, but we had the freedom to experience horseback riding more. It’s fun for experienced or beginners! The location of the beach was stunning and a breath of fresh air. It’s a must do for a Florida trip!Written 19 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is a huge flea market! It is open air, with 2 a/c buildings. It is a lot of walking for smaller kiddos or anyone who has difficulty walking. However there are a lot of places to rest if needed as well as concessions, even beer! I love markets! This one was very good. I didn't end up buying anything, but I did enjoy my visit.Written 25 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- First, shout out to Kayla who helped us out after my mistake which was to purchase tickets for 6/10 but accidentally purchasing them for 6/9. She not only got us tickets for the correct game but got us the same seats to boot.
Now to the experience ... we love minor league baseball and this experience ranks right up there with the others we have been to. It was great game (home team won!) and it ended with a spectacular fireworks show. I would highly recommend this as a single, couple or family outing.Written 11 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I stopped at this mall for a break while driving north. It's fairly large with the typical stores. It's nicely arranged......outdoors but with come covered areas for shade. There was plenty of parking. It's worth the stop.Written 30 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The beach was ok the pier was close they have a little pizza place and a game room and Joe crab shack on the main beach area but you can walk on the strip and its a lot more stuffWritten 2 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a blast watching the surfers riding the waves when we were here. You do have to walk through Crabby Joe's to get to the pier. We had a easy bite while we were there for our lunch. There were many on the pier fishing. Honestly, I have no idea if they were catching any fish considering my eyes were glued on the surfers who were putting on a wonderful show without even knowing it.Written 25 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This was the only beauty besides looking out across the ocean in the boardwalk area. We were there early evening and it was so pretty. As we walked around it we discussed how great seeing a concert there would be. I just really hope the boardwalk can get cleaned up and open up more decent shops etc in the future before the beauty of the bandshell is taken away.Written 25 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Lots of action for mid day Monday.
Staff was courteous and fun. Had a lot of tables and games going.
Neighboring table had issue but staff (floor manager) handled it well.
Would recommend for gaming experience. Did not try the restaurant.Written 21 June 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We have been ordering wings forever from here, The best wings in town. For many years now, we have made this our Friday office lunch, excellent service, excellent food,Written 28 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Family trip to the splash park. I purchased the all you can do tickets which allowed us to ride the carts and use the splash park. My family liked the open rides more than those that were completely covered and placed you in the dark. Good value for the moneyWritten 2 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I’m not a race fan but this trip was on the bucket list for my husband and our family friend.
I really had a great time. I thought everything was well organized. The shopping was great.
Parking was good. We parked down the street from the Venue. It was only a short walk.
I enjoyed the race and would actually attend this event again.Written 9 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Daytona Beach
- The most popular things to do in Daytona Beach with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Equestrian Adventures of Florida
- Daytona International Speedway
- Jackie Robinson Ballpark and Statue
- Mary Bethune Home
- MOAS - Museum of Arts and Sciences