Top Attractions in Cabarete
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- In the morning the beach is largely empty and you can walk for miles. In the afternoon when the wind gets up kite beach is full of kitesurfers and it is a stunning spectacle.Written 11 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Best beach in the Puerto Plata area! Known primarily as a surfer beach, but the vibe here is cool for anyone who loves nature and a laid back place to enjoy the ocean. There is a shady area under a canopy of trees right up to the beach that allows you to get out of the sun when you need to, and within that are all the surf schools, the shops, and the cafes. The beach itself is beautiful although not really safe for swimming due to the strong currents that go hand in hand with the waves -- you can walk into the water a good ways but don't think you are going to practice your strokes here as you will get carried far off course. Get directions here from any local -- you just need to go down an unmarked dirt road across from Encuentro Surf Lodge and you will find a parking area steps from the action.Written 27 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I think it is possible do go without the guides, but you should definitely get them by the entrance. You will need helmets, light and they also explain about the place.Written 16 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We booked a 1.5 hour ride the evening before and they got back to me the next day to confirm a 2:00 ride for that day. The Ranch itself is beautiful. It was me and my husband and 2 guides. Rode the beaches and into the jungle. Horses were great with lots of energy and guides were easy going. Lots of cantering on the beaches which was fantastic!! Highly recommend Seahorse Ranch for an amazing ride.Written 7 February 2020
- We go to Cabarete for several onths every year and all our visitors are taken there for lunch. I have also recommended this venue to many people, all who have expressed their pleasure with the experience. On our last visit, we took the boat down the river. We are currently waiting for a taxi to take our visiting grandchildren for lunch.Written 5 March 2020
- We just finished a four week stay at Sea Horse Ranch. Our group consisted of 5 kids ranging in age from 9-16 and two adults. Our daily tennis lessons with Canelo were a highlight.My husband and I are avid players and Canelo challenged us with a variety of drills and game play. The kids were equally excited about their lessons and made considerable progress over the four weeks. We all improved our strokes and had lots of laughs along the way. Looking forward to when we can return to the courts at Sea Horse Ranch again. Thanks for the memories Canelo!Written 29 May 2021
- Located in a cool hotel lobby right by the beach this is your perfect cultural alibi when your brain feels a bit fried from the beach. The art is the perfect way to remind you of that Caribbean glory without getting tacky. Sam rolls up the canvas and makes it travel friendly in no-time!Written 26 August 2019
- The store have a lot of weird things to buy, but it's worth a look. Maybe you find something you like. I bought a nice jewelry there of the conutry.Written 17 November 2015
- Stopped by before dinner had a drink and bought some amazing soap and chatting with the vendors they are from all over the globe. Italy,Spain,England, American, very chill vibe. I wish I had brought more cash...so go.enter from beach because it’s just beautiful, bring cash and enjoyWritten 29 October 2018
- My husband and I did the 12 Falls excursion out of Puerto Plata. Easy to book online. Good communication.
**Our guide was Raul, and our driver was Diego. Both were wonderful and fun, and took great care of us!!
The hike isn't too bad, they stop along the way to allow a little rest. I only ended up jumping off one platform into the water, which was enough for me. I enjoyed sliding on the rocks much better!
The lunch was delicious, and drinks were fresh! We would definitely do this excursion again.Written 14 April 2022
- I am so grateful for the Jojim tour company. They absolutely have the most wonderful and friendly services of the north coast. I have been in transit with them since 5 years ago, and I’ve no regrets or negative experiences: rather, they make the trip so easy going, enjoyable, delicious if you can stop for the chicharrón😍 and you’re definitely making your first Dominican friends. Muchísimas gracias a Alvaro, Fernando y su papá for always taking care of me and being so flexible with my trips in the DR. I am very happy in Cabarete, next stop??💙Written 8 May 2022
- We organized on our own a day trip to Laguna Gri and Playa Grande with 3 families. Edward gave us one of his great new bus with a driver for the day and we had really relaxed day and trip. Everything worked very well and also the guy who was driving was great. Great way to have a self organized sight seeing tourTrip without any stress for self driving. We will be back next time for our trips.Written 31 July 2022
- Michel provides a safe and reliable taxi service in Cabarete. He picked up our group every morning for surf camp and got us to the beach safely. He even helped me out by picking me up on my day off, which I really appreciated. Next time I visit, I’ll be sure to try one of his tours.Written 17 November 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Cabarete
- The best day trips from Cabarete according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Catamaran Day Trip, Snorkeling & Sailing Excursion
- 27 Waterfalls of Damajagua Tour from Cabarete, Sosua and Puerto Plata
- Paradise Island & Mangroves Tour
- Private Charter on Blue Sky Catamaran
- Discover Sosua's Underwater World & Beach Day