Speciality Museums • History Museums
Top Attractions in Rab Island
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- It is a very nice shop, it's kind of a kitchen where you see a lady baking Rab cakes in the front. Looks bit like a film set 🙂 The cute little shop in the atmospheric old streets od Rab Town is really unique, you can sit outside or inside and have sweets, coffee, wine... The Rab cake itself didn't fit my taste. It's really very very very very very sweet. We had it late at night after dinner, which was not the best decision. Maybe in the morning with coffee would be better. It tastes like almonds.Written 21 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very nice beach for few hours. Cheap and easy beach bar with good simple food and friendly staff. Lots of kids but good beach overallWritten 23 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I went on a trip with my fiancé. This town is absolutely amazing. Walking on wall was a magical experience with a spectacular view. It's a must when there.Written 22 April 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We climbed up St Mary's bell tower on our last night in Rab - wow!!!The view from the top was amazing. The climb up was little challenging as there are about 7 or 8 flights of wooden and metal stairs which are very steep so not for the faint-hearted and sensible footwear advised. We missed the sunset but when we return we will definitely catch as it would be a spectacular sight. Wouldn't have missed it ❤Written 13 June 2019
- Stopped on the island when sailing. Walked around deserted houses and prison cells. Sad history of dealing with internal oposition in former Yugoslavia.Written 6 September 2020
- This is not my first choice beach because I like more intimate ones but it's nice.There is a little island that you can go by walk because of the shallow water. Clean water, beach barsWritten 31 August 2020
- You must go here, it is beautiful hidden sandy beach. No kids, no loud noises, no bars, restaurants, nothing, just rest and enjoy. The road is a little bumpy and you have to walk for 5-10 min but it is worth it. Bring some snacks and water because there is no coffee bar or restaurantWritten 5 September 2021
- Very nice and ancient monastery with a lovely view at the sea. Went there by the bike. You mist see it from every different angle!Written 28 August 2017
- This beach stays our favourite. Clean quiet sandy beach. The beach is FKK but frequented by naked and clothed people. The beach is also ideal for litle children. Sandy, quiet water, no immediate depth. No facilities on the beach and 20 minutes walk from place to park car. (you can come by boat from Lopar beach).Written 2 August 2019
- A path up the hill leads to the ruins of the church on Brdo sv. Damjana (St. Damien's Hill), 223m above Barbat. Recent research has confirmed the theory that there was once a building there with three functions: that of a church sanctuary, a vanguard and watchtower, which was also a refuge from enemy attack. A floor plan of the fortress opens up the possibility that this was the location of the largest Justinian fortress. On the way you can see a large number of Mediterranean herbs. From the top is a beautiful panoramic view of the town of Rab, the neighboring islands and on the other side of the mountain VelebitWritten 19 December 2018
- We visited the island on our first day in Lopar. It’s so interesting to see the remaining ruins of the women’s prison. It’s a shame that it’s not taken care of that much so you just walk trough ruins and you don’t really understand what is what. I wish there was some signs to explain each building and what was happening in there...
Also there were some deers it was so nice I loved the trip!Written 22 September 2019
- Nice Beach with a bar and deck chairs. Best FKK beach on the island.
Wish they have some music playing.Written 24 August 2021
- In Supetarska Draga The Romanesque basilica of St. Peter was built in the eleventh century. Its beauty attracts the faithful and lovers of art alike.The the church bell tower, built in the early Romanesque style 1060th year, it is the oldest bell in Ireland babbit 1290th year.Written 6 November 2014
- You can visit Baroque interior of Sta. Justina of the older church. It stands on ideal position on the top side of Rab city. You can recognize it with tower and, as mentioned, because it is only red church in the city. Some altars are preserved.Written 21 October 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Rab Island