Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Bol
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- You can park at a parking space around 200 meters from the top. Best view of the adriatic! On good days you can see till Hvar.Written 21 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Bol is NOT A SANDY BEACH!!...It is nothing like on the pictures! It is a peble beach like all around croatia....and also there are boats ankering around it. It is a nice beautiful place worth to see it, but they lieing about it beeing sandy.Written 15 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We came by foot from from Bol via Via Brattia trail. From Blaca Bay we hiked up to Blaca Monastery. Fantastic 16th century dwellings with ton of history. Place is well preserved and taken care of. Guided 30 minute for 40HRK is well worth it . Highly recommended.
Fast, short trail option is to use rough road and arrive by car to the trailhead north of hermitage and then hike steep 0.75 mile trail down to the hermitage.Written 12 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- EXCEPTIONAL wines, tour, view. Especially the Vrhunsko! Had a glass and bought a bottle. Hoping to order from US. View, snacks and tour were amazing.Written 15 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- It is a nice place to see but only if you are staying somewhere without water access. It is busy but lots to see and do in the area for sure!Written 9 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- It makes for a nice walk before dinner to burn up some calories. Otherwise it is nice to see. The walk from the port over has a couple of seedy streets, so after dark might not be a good idea. The port town seems very safe.Written 13 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Informed that Croatia exported naturism tourism we had been repeatedly disappointed at the FKK beaches we had encountered before discovering this one. Well signposted from the road and carpark (40k all day) we climbed down a well trodden route down the cliff side before discovering there were steps a few hundred yards further down the beach, lots of secluded spaces between rocks with SAND - rare in Croatia. All ages and nationalities. Magnificent clear waters and fish for snorkelling. Fab views across the bay, boats and other island from the beachWritten 16 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My fiancee and I booked Miki for an all day drive around Brac. He was absolutely fantastic! We were able to coordinate a planned route ahead of time via email and Miki gave us feedback on our itinerary. He was very communicative and responsive. On the day of our trip, he met us at the docks of Supetar as we got off the ferry, and took us all over the island. He is a driving instructor as well, so we knew we were in good hands! Overall our experience was excellent. Safe driving, on time to all destinations, and a nice guy! Highly recommend booking with Miki for any transportation needs you may have!Written 25 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had the most wonderful day on board with skipper Kreso, who was very kind, knowledgeable, helpful, listened to our wants and concerns and on top of it all maneuvered the choppy sea in the afternoon extremely well. We were eight adults, two children and a toddler on board. First we were concerned if the kids would handle being on the boat for so long well, but they all had a great time, even the toddler was happy.
Kreso even picked us up at the beach close to were our vacation home was at 9am, as we had asked. We had some great fun doing waterskiing and tubing, adults and kids, in the morning and then went to a restaurant Kreso recommended for freshly caught red snapper and octopus, which was delicious. We also stopped by the old military tunnel which was extremely interesting. Kreso told us some backstory concerning that place and we even rode inside with the boat.
There was a sandy beach close to the restaurant and that turned out to be the highlight for the toddler, who could walk around the shallow shore with her mom.
The return trip turned out to be quite windy and the sea was a little rough. Kreso did his best to keep the bumpy ride as comfortable as possible. I must admit, if the toddler didn't have such a totally non-seasick mom who hung out his her in the little cabin below deck, keeping her entertained, this part may have been a lot more exhausting. But, you're at sea, of course things can get a little rough. Fortunately, we had a Super-Skipper, Super-Mom and Super-Baby! ;)
After we returned to Bol for gas it was already almost 6pm and Kreso dropped us off at our "home" beach, even though the conditions were much windier than in the morning. He knew how to handle the boat extremely well and made us all feel safe.
Doing it again, we would maybe try and so more water sports instead of driving one hour on way to the restaurant, but only because we now already experienced the nice restaurant. Of course, some more exploring, e.g. the blue cave or something, would have been great too, but there are only so many hours in a day! Kreso discussed possible options with us and made recommendations for places to see and asked what we would prefer.
We would definitely do this again!
If you know you suffer from sea sickness, it may be a good idea to take some preventatives, like vomex. I did that and I think it saved be from becoming sick. It is the Mediterranean Sea but don't underestimate it.
All in all, great day, many thanks to Kreso and we will try and come back soon!Written 14 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Incredible sunset and illuminated sea kayak tour.
Guides were great, super accommodating and adapted pace to suit us as well as being super talkative. The glow up lights made it so we could see everything beneath the boat, perfect timing for the sunset over Bol too.
Would highly recommend to anyone wanting a different and cool experience of the island!!Written 18 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Honest and reliable as well as an excellent driver. I went from Bol to Supetar and had a great chat as his English is terrific. Really enjoyed my ride in his very comfortable cab and I can thoroughly recommend the very personable Sime if you're ever in Brac.Written 30 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had the chance to do the one-hour sunset sailing at the end of the season. My fiancee and I were the only two on the boat with Jan, our skipper. Jan is amazing, very friendly and taking the time to explain and answer all your questions. We were fortunate enough to have a good wind so we had a true experience of sailing with the boat heeling.I was almost standing in the boat and it was amazing. Highly recommend this experience!Written 14 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My two teenagers (12 and 14) did a discover diving experience and I did a refresher dive with them plus two proper dives. Igor and his team were friendly and welcoming, eager to pass on their love of the sport to newcomers and the kids absolutely loved it. I really enjoyed all three dives - the first one reminding myself of the skills and the others seeing some cool stuff with expert guiding from Igor. Highlights for me were the beautiful nudibranches, scorpion fish, squid, octopus and weever fish - all looked up and explained back in the dive centre. My only regret is that we didn’t sign the kids up to do their open water this time. We will be back!Written 9 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Bol
- The best day trips from Bol according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- 4-Island Split Boat Tour (Brač, Pakleni, Hvar, Šolta)
- Private boat tour - custom itinerary
- Tailored tour by speedboat
- Bol and Hvar Island Private Boat Trip from Split or Trogir
- Bol & Golden Horn full day boat cruise with lunch and drinks included