Top Attractions in San Pedro de Atacama
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Like most of the the attractions in San Pedro, it seem the main objective is to provide funds to the indigenous population. The landscape is stunning, but you can see similar landscapes around from the road, without having to pay an entranceWritten 20 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very fun geysers. They are not like Old Faithful, moreso just bubbly with a lot of thermal vent activity. Very high altitude and very very cold in the morning. Make sure you prepare! A little bit of a journey from San Pedro so I recommend going with a tour.Written 9 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This salt flat is truly magnificent and one can do an easy day trip from San Pedro De Atacama. Located in the midst of natural desert surroundings, one will be able to see lots of flamingos. Certainly worth visiting.Written 27 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very nice and natural. Water is not all that warm. Long 500m slog back to car park up a steep hill in thin airWritten 20 April 2022
- Totally worth it - breathtaking and unbelievable landscape, opportunity to swim in a really salty lagoon like no other. Highly recommended!Written 7 March 2020
- This is another place you must to visit here. I did the visit after lunch so the park was almost empty and with our guide we did the long hike trail that starts in the restroom areas of miscant and ends in the restrooms of Miñiques. probably we spent over 2 hours walkingWritten 15 November 2020
- It is a long drive from San Pedro but it turned out to be well worth it. The silence. The beauty. The colours. To reach the water you will need to take a sturdy walk during which you will be confronted with icy wind, but at the end the reward is spectacular.Written 8 July 2022
- Very nice and well-organized. But truly much too expensive. At least the money goes to local communties. Sixty dollars (for a family of 4) for a 25m swim is really steep!!!Written 15 August 2022
- Laguna Chaxa is a salt flat located at a short driving distance from San Pedro De Atacama. It is in the midst of magnificent picturesque natural surroundings. Flamingos in their natural wild habitat are the highlight. One gets to see the Chilean Flamingo and the Andean Flamingo from very close. In addition there are several other birds and lizards. The heat can be very intense in the middle of this salt flat, so would recommend to be prepared for the same and even considering taking an umbrella to block the direct adverse effects of the strong sun. Certainly would very highly recommend this salt flat to any tourist in San Pedro De Atacama.Written 16 February 2020
- This is a very interesting salt pan and lake environment. Well defined paths, a flat walk, take you to good flamingo viewing. Along the way, you get to experience the salt flats and ia few information panels explaining flora and fauna in the area. With a stunning mountain range as a backdrop, dotted with volcanoes, the scenery here is quite stunning. It only gets better as the late afternoon sun drops for outstanding sunsets over the lake. During our January visit, plenty of flamingo birdlife. Facilities limited to toilets, BYO food and drink.Written 4 March 2020
- Quite compact and quite simply incredible - with my geologist husband so he was blown away. Helpful attendants, not far from San Pedro - and wandering herds of llamas. Loved itWritten 20 June 2022
- The views are stunning, just amazing how beautiful this barren desert can be, as the colors are so vibrant. Chile is truly a country of many contrasts.Written 4 March 2020
- We went up Lascar Vulcano in a guided group. Which is absolutely recommendable. Be sure to have a good guide like Andrés from Nortrek-Tours. The trip leads you into the world of mountain giants and the tremendous power of vulcanism.Written 13 January 2020
- The lagoon is definitely worth a visit. A surreal view of the desert, reminiscent of a melting ice-covered lake that is, but is actually saltWritten 14 February 2020
- We did not visit this site as the site to watch the sunset from, but came earlier on the tour. Here one has a great view of the Domeyko range, a nearly completely eroded mountain/hill range with wonderful shapes.Written 29 February 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about San Pedro de Atacama
- The best day trips from San Pedro de Atacama according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Piedras Rojas - Altiplanicas - Chaxa
- Small-Group Tour to Altiplanic lagoons, Red Stones & Flamingo reserve w tickets
- Laguna Cejar Tour Safari style by Grade 10
- Ascent Cerro Toco
- Laguna Cejar