Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Ilha Grande
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Fantastic place to wander around.
Kilometres of sand, salt water and sun.
There was literally no one around when we were there.
Hire a private boat trip to get there. It's faster and effective. Pick the ones with credentials from tour agencies.
Take your food and drinks. There are a few options there but - as you might imagine - very expensive.
Don't forget sunscreen and mosquito repellent and a hat.Written 11 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A calm safe place with little current or waves to see the fish. It was low season when we went so will probably be very crowded in high season. still time to find a quiet spot and feed the fish with a bag of rice.
Just be careful which boat you pick to get there , some boats are noisy party boats that are over subscribed others are quieter more chilled affairsWritten 12 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Super nice island, I recommend staying 4 nights there. You can do a lot of activities like hiking, snorkeling and scuba divingWritten 29 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wow! Best experience on Ilha Grande by far! We met Franco the day before the hike to make sure everything was organised correctly. Franco was super friendly, supportive and energetic! I have used guides all over the world and he was by far the best. The trek was very fun and Franco spotted a lot of wildlife including spiders and fire flies which was amazing! He took amazing photos of the whole group and made sure to walk slower if someone was tired. It was the best experience in Brazil and I would recommend anyone to watch the sunrise with Franco, he is a great guide and extremely professional and helpful! Thanks again.Written 29 June 2022
- Paddle boarded here in the morning, beautiful, fish jumping, clear water, saw a big turtle and snorkelled with him for a while.
GreatWritten 17 December 2018
- This is a place you must visit if you are in the island.
The access is by hiking 2,30hrs on a wide road of soil and rocks, from Vila do Abraão.
If you are lucky and the ocean is calm you may find a boat to take you back to Abraão, otherwise you will have to hike back.
But its worth every step. The left side of the beach has a cristal clear water river that ends in the white sands of the shore.
You also have the prison ruins and a museum that is good to visit
Go early and enjoy!Written 6 November 2019
- We were there on a Sunday and it was very busy, many Brazilian families with picnics and lots of cans of beer!! There wasn't a large area of sand exposed but where it was, it was soft and golden with swathes of black. Several rocks and boulders on the beach. The sea was cool to enter then ok.
It's a short stroll from Abraao and there are three or four access points from the path.Written 21 November 2018
- By getting a taxi boat to this small pretty beach you can venture up the hills to visit the waterfall. Be aware that this will take you a good hour up some fairly steep paths and will require decent shoes. The jungle does have checky monkeys and deadly snakes within so best to pay for a guide. The waterfall itself is good for a photo but be careful that the rocks are slippy hard and sharp with the very cold water in the stream.
If you want to relax and wait at the beach there is a small bar where the owner brings in supplies of coconut water daily.
The beach is pretty but I suspect if you just sat there and didn't go to the falls you would get boredWritten 12 June 2022
- From Abraão, Short trek walk past 5 beaches, takes about 30mins. Lovely little beach with trees to shade under and restaurants for cold drinks and affordable food. You can also get a boat $B15 each way from Abraão portWritten 13 January 2019
- Nice beach for swimming and relaxing on the sand. good tree cover. there is a path to a small really old church. and on one of the sides there is a small fresh water lake that poors out to the beach and sea.Written 26 November 2020
- totally worth a visit. great for snorkeling, very clear water. small beach. there is a nice lookout point on one of the sides that gives you a good perspective of just how beautiful the place and water is.Written 26 November 2020
- The beach is nice, there are several restaurants where you can enjoy a meal and a beer. It's nice to hang out there, especially at night.Written 23 May 2016
- In a sandy beach with clear waters, you'll find a river with ots cold waters. Nice shady areas gives you a refuge from the sun.Written 9 March 2017
- Beautiful calm beach. great for snorkeling, many spot sea turtles there. I saw one quickly while i was there. the waster is very clear.Written 26 November 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Ilha Grande
- The best day trips from Ilha Grande according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Full Day Tour to Angra dos Reis and Ilha Grande
- Full-Day Rio de Janeiro City Tour with Lunch, Corcovado & Sugarloaf
- Private Angra do Reis Full-Day Tour from Rio de Janeiro
- Angra dos Reis and Ilha Grande All Inclusive Tour
- Boat Trip Departure from Rio x Angra dos Reis, Ilha Grande, Lunch and Transport