Popular things to do
- 4WD Tours
- Bus Tours
- Jet Boat Hire
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Hiking Tours
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Architectural Buildings
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Churches & Cathedrals
- Walking Tours
- Transfers & Ground Transport
- Speciality Museums
- Top Picks
- Ports of Call Tours
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Food, Wine & Nightlife
- Special Offers
- Air, Helicopter & Balloon Tours
- Weddings & Honeymoons
Top Attractions in Angra Dos Reis
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- top top top, recommen in closed eyes, dont miss this beach in rio. Blue cristal water, motor boat tours and amaizing food.Written 22 December 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fantastic place to wander around.
Kilometres of sand, salt water and sun.
There was literally no one around when we were there.
Hire a private boat trip to get there. It's faster and effective. Pick the ones with credentials from tour agencies.
Take your food and drinks. There are a few options there but - as you might imagine - very expensive.
Don't forget sunscreen and mosquito repellent and a hat.Written 11 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Good for snorkeling, good variety of fishes. Very beautiful. Warm water. Definitely recommend this placeWritten 9 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A calm safe place with little current or waves to see the fish. It was low season when we went so will probably be very crowded in high season. still time to find a quiet spot and feed the fish with a bag of rice.
Just be careful which boat you pick to get there , some boats are noisy party boats that are over subscribed others are quieter more chilled affairsWritten 12 June 2022
- "Ilha da Gipóia" has been known, for many many years, as a high-end top destination! The island is almost entirely occupied by fantastic private mansions and beaches. Getting an invitation to it means that your hosts are certainly among the rich, famous and happy landlords of this dream island. Nevertheless, there is a beach at "Ilha da Gipóia", known as "Praia do Dentista", that may be attended by the public in general. Tourist boats bring guests from "Angra dos Reis" to "Praia do Dentista" to enjoy the day at its beautiful and calm waters. Another boat caters for meals and drinks. Music comes from the many other boats anchored at the beach ... And the party goes on! Enjoy!Written 22 October 2018
- This place is amazing! Looks like paradise. Sunsets are great on the way back to mainland!!! Make sure you get a mask for snorkeling.Written 7 August 2019
- Super nice island, I recommend staying 4 nights there. You can do a lot of activities like hiking, snorkeling and scuba divingWritten 29 July 2022
- Wow! Best experience on Ilha Grande by far! We met Franco the day before the hike to make sure everything was organised correctly. Franco was super friendly, supportive and energetic! I have used guides all over the world and he was by far the best. The trek was very fun and Franco spotted a lot of wildlife including spiders and fire flies which was amazing! He took amazing photos of the whole group and made sure to walk slower if someone was tired. It was the best experience in Brazil and I would recommend anyone to watch the sunrise with Franco, he is a great guide and extremely professional and helpful! Thanks again.Written 29 June 2022
- Paddle boarded here in the morning, beautiful, fish jumping, clear water, saw a big turtle and snorkelled with him for a while.
GreatWritten 17 December 2018
- This is a place you must visit if you are in the island.
The access is by hiking 2,30hrs on a wide road of soil and rocks, from Vila do Abraão.
If you are lucky and the ocean is calm you may find a boat to take you back to Abraão, otherwise you will have to hike back.
But its worth every step. The left side of the beach has a cristal clear water river that ends in the white sands of the shore.
You also have the prison ruins and a museum that is good to visit
Go early and enjoy!Written 6 November 2019
- We were there on a Sunday and it was very busy, many Brazilian families with picnics and lots of cans of beer!! There wasn't a large area of sand exposed but where it was, it was soft and golden with swathes of black. Several rocks and boulders on the beach. The sea was cool to enter then ok.
It's a short stroll from Abraao and there are three or four access points from the path.Written 21 November 2018
- It is very easy here to hire a boat or take one of the schooners from Centro. The island beaches are great and it is a great value. 60 rs per person for 5-6 hours.Written 10 October 2015
- By getting a taxi boat to this small pretty beach you can venture up the hills to visit the waterfall. Be aware that this will take you a good hour up some fairly steep paths and will require decent shoes. The jungle does have checky monkeys and deadly snakes within so best to pay for a guide. The waterfall itself is good for a photo but be careful that the rocks are slippy hard and sharp with the very cold water in the stream.
If you want to relax and wait at the beach there is a small bar where the owner brings in supplies of coconut water daily.
The beach is pretty but I suspect if you just sat there and didn't go to the falls you would get boredWritten 12 June 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Angra Dos Reis
- The best day trips from Angra Dos Reis according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Full Day Tour to Angra dos Reis and Ilha Grande
- Full-Day Rio de Janeiro City Tour with Lunch, Corcovado & Sugarloaf
- Private Angra do Reis Full-Day Tour from Rio de Janeiro
- Angra dos Reis and Ilha Grande All Inclusive Tour
- Boat Trip Departure from Rio x Angra dos Reis, Ilha Grande, Lunch and Transport