Top Attractions in Port Said
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Good for world trade economy
A nice tourism atraction
But i dont at all recommend drifting container ships here
Last time i tried to do that global economy suffered more
You may improve it by putting signs on each of the entrances stating that drifting isnt allowed even if you want to film ghe next fast and furious movie or do a cool trickWritten 28 March 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A very nice and well maintained museum to visit. Many displays have English translation. It should take 30-45 minutes.Written 30 July 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- It is not only an art museum, it also has some history part about the city and the war. Thirty minutes should be enough.Written 30 July 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We used Ramasside to assist us in two days of site seeing and tours totally customized to our needs. We did it all on line and they were extremely thorough and thought of every detail. I would highly recommend them as we were well taken care of and made our trip worry-free! Our arrangements are below:
Day 1: "Deda" (the guide) a driver and a security guard picked us up from Safaga Port on time and quickly got us through the process of exiting the port. The van was comfortable with air conditioning and WiFI! Approximately 3 hours from Safaga, we toured the Karnak Temples, then over to the West Bank of the River Nile to visit the statues of Amenhotep III (Colossi of Memnon), Valley of the Kings, the Hatshepsut Temple at El Deir El Bahary and had a traditional Egyptian lunch. Deda arranged for a great hotel room for us to stay at while we had a few hours of down-time before catching our train. (This was not part of our pre-booked arrangement and was much appreciated!) Our driver (wish I could remember his name) returned 4 hours later and escorted us to the train station to take the Sleeping train to Cairo. He stayed with us to be sure we got on the correct train and brought us to our cabin). He did a great job and was so pleasant!
Day 2: We were picked up at the Giza train station by Hesham our guide and Samah our driver to begin our full day tour visiting the Pyramids of Cheops, Chephren and Mykerinus; Great Sphinx, the Valley Temple, Egyptian Museum and a traditional Egyptian lunch. Hesham was extremely knowledgeable and accommodating. And Samah was great and did a wonderful job navigating the crazy traffic on the way to our hotel!
The Tour Included:
Pick up services; All transfers; Private English speaking guide; Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites (Although there are extra fees for certain additional things if you choose); Bottled water; Lunches (does not include drinks or tip); Shopping tours of your choosing.Written 13 November 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We are really pleased with a our tour, it is a dream coming true. Osama was the perfect guide, he was funny, knowing lot of interesting information and not trying to push us into stores we do not want to go. We highly recommend Emo tours Egypt and ask for Osama!Written 21 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This summer, I went with my husband to the Pyramids and Museum of Egypt. The ride from Port Said to Cairo was only the beginning of a wonderful travel experience. The capital of Egypt, Cairo, is definitely worth visiting. Back in the desert, I couldn't believe I was actually standing near the pyramids of pharaohs that ruled Egypt in Antiquity. The guides provided remarkable service and were willing to answer any question we had. Besides, they have the talent to make you feel as if you went back in time. I am still amazed that I actually saw the gold mask of Tutankhamen himself. I recommend this 1 day trip from Port Said with all my heart! It is an experience I will never forget.Written 7 October 2013This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Nile cruise is one of enjoyable experience when you in Egypt. You need to book your tour well in advance. Normally they offer meal along with the cruise else you can include it.
In cruise they offer various Egyptian cuisine especially their sweets are must try.
Various performance are also performed inside cruise. Traditional belly dance is also must watch.
Enjoy sailing...Written 19 November 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We contact Golden Egypt tours 2 days pre arrival Port Said asking if they can arrange day tour to Cairo to visit Pyramids.
They reply to us quickly with prompt reply and everything was arranged with less than 1 hour.
Our guide Hossam was waiting for us on time , we went to Cairo to visit the pyramids which was unforgettable moments , specially that our guide Hossam was excellent and took us to special spots in the pyramids area , no one can take you to it except Golden Egypt
We took panoramic photos there to Cairo and the pyramids together, then we went for our lunch which was served in a clean restaurant in front of the pyramids.
At the end of the day , they return us on time on ship , and we are very happy for our choice to Golden Egypt for this day we spent with them .Written 23 January 2013This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Port Said
- The best day trips from Port Said according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Private tour to Tanis or San El hagar and suez canal tour
- Shore Excursion: Private Day Tour to Cairo from Port Said
- Visit Giza pyramids and Sphinx and Egyptian museum and old market from Port said
- Shore Excursion - Enjoy Luxor one day tour from Safaga Port
- Day use at the red sea at Dome Marina Hotel