4 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- I did Hugh’s Dale only as the others are quiet a long walk! It’s well signed and a lovely forest walk saw lots of birds and red crabs on the way! The fresh water stream in a gully had lots of blu & robber crabs!! I didn’t do the steps up to waterfall as it was closed for works but saw the crabs at the base area, so I was pretty happy!!Written 22 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Easy to get to by car but a long walk otherwise. Great views of Flying Fish Cove. Don’t forget the insect repellantWritten 23 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This review is really for the whole experience of walking the trail to the beach, not just the beach.
What I loved- a short but challenging 1.5km hike downhill and uphill return through a number of terrains. Enjoyed the rockiness of it and the fact that a lot of it was shaded. Really enjoyed the steep rope/ladder component. The actual beach is rocky with a great view, a bit of shade and some lovely rockpools to explore. The snorkelling off the beach is fantastic (take reef shoes to get into the water).
Unfortunately a bunch of plastic bottles/etc washed up.
I'd say you need to have a decent level of fitness and good balance. Be careful if the rain comes in- it gets very slippery.
One of my favourite hikes for my time on CI.Written 31 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Christmas Island
- These places are best for hiking trails in Christmas Island:See more hiking trails in Christmas Island on Tripadvisor