5 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- I did the Dolly Beach tour with Chris !! It’s a very hot long walk so be prepared take water and definitely closed in walking shoes! Once we got there it was beautiful lots of rock pools not swimming! Deep enough for a cool plunge!! Lots of Robber crabs!! And blue crabs on the way there!! Christmas Island has unique landscaping!!Written 22 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lilly Beach is picturesque. The swimming is a little limited (at least when we were there - possibly low time) because of the rocks and coral. Nevertheless it is fabulous beach for a quick dip in the most beautiful surroundings.
Another advantage is that despite the Baby Crab migration, the road to the beach wasn't closed.Written 1 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Ethel Beach is one of the recommended snorkeling spots on Christmas Island. There is a fabulous diversity of fish. I have uploaded 2 of my photos. There are little patches of coral that are starting to regenerate after the bleaching.
We entered from the beach which is not such a great idea because of all the rocks and coral. A better entry point is from the boat ramp (see uploaded photo).Written 31 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Though it is only 200 meter away from the car park, I had difficulty to locate the actual track leading to the boardwalk that leads to the beach. Beautiful and picturesque sea front, worth going through the stone/jungle maze.Written 22 December 2018
- This review is really for the whole experience of walking the trail to the beach, not just the beach.
What I loved- a short but challenging 1.5km hike downhill and uphill return through a number of terrains. Enjoyed the rockiness of it and the fact that a lot of it was shaded. Really enjoyed the steep rope/ladder component. The actual beach is rocky with a great view, a bit of shade and some lovely rockpools to explore. The snorkelling off the beach is fantastic (take reef shoes to get into the water).
Unfortunately a bunch of plastic bottles/etc washed up.
I'd say you need to have a decent level of fitness and good balance. Be careful if the rain comes in- it gets very slippery.
One of my favourite hikes for my time on CI.Written 31 October 2020