Scuba & Snorkelling • Sightseeing Tours
6 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This was such an amazing adventure with Hama and Linnie. We had five days - double dives - and every one was an exciting adventure. Hama and Linnie looked after everything for us including all gear set up and change overs.
The team took us to amazing sites with drop offs into the clear blue, or swim throughs into awe inspiring caves.
The corals were plentiful - and the inbetween dives surface time rest on the boat Linnie provided the best cakes and muffins ever.
During rests we swam with dolphins or watched the local indigenous birds in a feeding frenzie dive bombing the fish below - it was like living in a David Attenborough documentary. We fell in love with Christmas Island on this trip. Just contact Hama and DO IT! Fran and MaryWritten 3 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The team at extra were amazing, David,James and Toby looked after us during our diving trip v professionally( as you would expect) but as we didn't have a car( the island had run out of car rentals) David to it upon himself to give us several afternoon's of guided tours after the diving. A really brilliant experience as he was so knowledgeable about the island and it's flora and faunaWritten 19 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent Tours! lots of knowledge gained !! I did the Orientation Tour with Chris, well worth doing on your arrival on Christmas Island. He shows you around the settlements and where things are!! I also did Dolly Beach tour as a 4WD is needed, a long hot walk, but great once you get there! Lots of Robber crabs, Chris has wonderful knowledge and he brings a thermos & biscuits for you all before we venture off!!Written 22 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nathan was very accommodating in taking my husband out first (and earliest) for some fishing. Hubby caught a wahoo! Then at a more reasonable time they came back and I met them at the pier for a lovely sightseeing morning along the island coastline.
Nathan was easy to listen to with his explanations and local knowledge.
Stopped off for some snorkelling and cave viewing before the final destination of swimming with the GT's.
Wonderful experience and I highly recommend.Written 10 July 2023
- As an inexperienced diver I was nervous. David put my mind at ease. Everything was explained and the equipment very easy to operate.
We had a fantastic time and I would happily have stayed in the water all day.
The photos and videos were fantastic and I would highly recommend David and Freedive to everyone.Written 10 June 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Christmas Island
- These are the best places for couples seeking tours in Christmas Island:See more tours for couples in Christmas Island on Tripadvisor