Natural History Museums
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
3 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This tiny museum in the center of Cusco only charges 3 soles entrance fee, so you have nothing to lose. The exhibits are mainly of stuffed animals and birds, including a condor, some some realistic models of fruits and vegetables of the region, and a few insects, skulls and fossils. There are a couple of abnormalities on view (baby sheep with 6 legs) but they are difficult to see and one of the specimens is beginning to dry out because the alcohol has not been refreshed. This is always a sign of a neglected collection, alas.Written 23 July 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- It is really a small place, not a very long visit, but you’ll learn a lot, like: Did you know every butterfly have a different kind of vegetable to live of? And I thing we have the obligation to invest in research, mostly in a place like that, forgotten by all.Written 29 October 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Stopped here on the way from Cusco to the Manu National Park. After lunch our guide suggested that we stop by the museum. We didn't expect much, but what a surprise! It is a very nice, professionally done museum. My favorite section had lots of costumes from an annual festival that they have in the town. Very colorful and intricate.Written 21 December 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Cusco
- These places are best for natural history museums in Cusco:
- Museo de Historia Natural
- Pillpi Wasi Mariposario (Butterfly Pavilion)
- Museo de los Pueblos de Paucartambo