- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
127 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 127
What travellers are saying
- Spectacular sightseeing, you see snow pikes (volcanos) as Cotopaxi, Chimborazo among others. Also you can see the city and from south to northWritten 3 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had such a wonderful time thanks to Alejandro and his lovely team! We did the 8 day Galapagos island hopping tour. We felt so well supported and taken care of throughout the whole experience, from the booking and email communication to the whole trip itself. Alejandro took the time to meet with us the day prior in Quito and answer any questions we had. The Galapagos itinerary was perfect, we had the best time with so many chances to do different activities and see all of the local wildlife. And the hotels were also great choices, very comfortable with helpful staff. We would recommend this team for anyone wanting to go to the Galapagos.Written 24 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Christian organizes excellent tours for mountain biking that can accommodate the entire family and riders of very different skill levels. This allows all members of the family to have fun. The van carrying the bikes is never far behind and riders that have a hard time on upward climbs can go back to the van. Christian and his team pick out excellent routes that allow one to see the beauty of Ecuador. I would highly recommend his tours as a nice alternative for a family that wants to see Ecuador but does not want to go hiking every day.Written 28 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- David and Roberto were amazing from the moment I met them. Not only did David take me up the more fun (and difficult) side of the mountain, he showed me his favorite place to eat encebollada after the trip. I definitely recommend Inspiring Ecuador for those traveling alone and I’m groups. Such an amazing experience!!’Written 20 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We were warmly welcomed by our Quito Guide Daniel when he picked us up at our apartment. We spent 2 days with Daniel and George (his car)- the first going to Papallacta Thermal Springs and the second day we spent in Quito’s New Town. He was extremely good, very flexible (appreciate this!) and for that he deserves a special thanks. We had two great days there, which obviously also added up to the experience.
Daniel is such a warm personality and highly motivated guide (recommendable!). I truly enjoyed both tours and his laid back demeanor. Being a native, Daniel definitely knows his was around Quito and his knowledge of the city.
All respect for Daniel who does a great job there; a true example of excellent tour guide! I wish we had more time to take the jungle tour with him.
Many thanks again and I recommend Daniel to everyone!Written 1 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We hired Ricardo to pick us up from the airport after our flight from the US to Quito. We were scheduled to arrive at 1AM. Our flight was delayed, and by the time we made it through Covid screening, immigration, and customs it was 3 AM. Ricardo and his wife were STILL cheerfully waiting for us. We are staying at an Airbnb and they made sure we got into the apartment before taking off. So considerate. Their shuttle had a clear, air-tight partition between the front seats and back row. After staying masked for a whole day of travel, we appreciated being able to safely take off our masks. We are hiring Ricardo again.Written 12 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Massive thanks to Edison for transferring us across Ecuador! What a beautiful country; we felt we were able to experience it even better as Edison would give us interesting insights and even stop off at scenic places via our route to stop for photos!
Very polite and professional from the first WhatsApp. We always felt we were in safe hands.
Over a week we travelled from Quito International Airport-Baños-Cotopaxi-Ciudad Mitad del Mundo-Quito- Quito International Airport. Edison was always punctual and we were able to just sit back and enjoy our holiday!
Thank you again Edison for looking after us and going above and beyond!Written 29 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I got to ride with Jimmy on a one day tour in Quito and it was great. His bikes are well prepped and he is a very good rider capable of taking you on beginner or advanced trails. I would recommend him to riders of all ability levels. Cheers!Written 21 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We are recently back from 2 amazing weeks in Ecuador, all thanks to Angelica and Christian. When we got notification of an incredible flight deal to Quito, we wondered if a trip there could include some time in the Galapagos, and maybe even the Amazon. So we reached out to Terra Sur, told them our timeline, budget, and interests, and asked them what, if any of it, did they think we could do. Within a couple of days they proposed an itinerary for our trip that included all of it! I was blown away! Okay, they went over budget... a whole $24. LOL. We were more than okay with that.
AND they recommended a day trip from Quito for us that we hadn't even considered: Cotopaxi National Park. Angelica messaged us as she was preparing the itinerary and asked how we felt about biking. I admitted that while we would be willing to try it, it wasn't something that excited us that much or that we had much experience with. She quickly switched gears and asked about horseback riding. That definitely piqued our interest! And I have to say that the day we spent horseback riding in Cotopaxi was one of our favorite days of the whole 2 weeks.
We had questions before we left and they helped us prepare. We had questions as we went along our trip, and Angelica and Christian were so responsive and helpful. Their app made it easy to get information and updates throughout our travels.
Terra Sur made this trip a breeze - planning (they took care of everything aside from flights, and really customized it to us and our interests); navigating a foreign country; and experiencing things we wouldn't have otherwise, because they knew the experiences that would really put our trip over the top. We're so glad we took their recommendation!
In the end, we left knowing we would count on them for our future South America travels. We also left knowing we had made 3 new friends (Angelica, Christian, and their awesome dog Julio).Written 14 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Travelers Expeditions helped us get out of a difficult situation. Our family was separated and stranded by the national strikes in Ecuador. The company arranged a private charter jet to bring us from the Amazon region to Quito on short notice. Paulina and Jorge were excellent to work with, and the service was reliable. They have our sincere thanks and recommendation.Written 26 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Quito
- These experiences are best for transportation in Quito:
- Private Transfers to and from Quito Airport
- Quilotoa Lagoon from Quito - Private Tours
- Transfer in Quito - Airport Arrival to hotel OR Transfer out, departure pick up.
- English & Spanish Speaking Transfer Service In & Out All Ecuador
- Private transfers to Tena from Quito or Otavalo
- These are the best places for budget-friendly transportation in Quito:See more budget-friendly transportation in Quito on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adventurous transportation in Quito:See more adventurous transportation in Quito on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for transportation in Quito:See more transportation for adrenaline seekers in Quito on Tripadvisor