- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
3 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We love to go to Wekalet El Ghouri especially to watch the Tannoura show that it's really one of a kind show!
The place is very well maintained and displays the beauty of Egyptian architecture.
The tannoura performance is an hour show: instruments solos and spiritual band singing and the other half of the show is the whirling dervishes dance! the show runs every Saturday/Monday/Wednesday at 7 PM and we have to be there minimum one hour ahead to buy the tickets (the sold out quickly).
Highly recommended!Written 24 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- When it was built it had all the right ingredients to make it a success, in terms of size of structures and sheer space as well as layout. The way it is managed is appalling to say the least and it is not well maintained or kept or managed. It is a shame and pity as it should be an international state of the art facility that should be managed as such. Because of the lack of alternatives most large trade fairs take place there.Written 2 December 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I visited Makan many times to attend their authentic events that one cannot find at any other place in Egypt. The venue itself is beautiful in terms of its interior design and lighting. It brings calm! It has amazing acoustics, which suits the type of music they uniquely present perfectly. I attended concerts for groups from Nubia, Upper Egypt and Port Saïd as well as other groups presenting folk music with their own modern taste. I enjoyed all events I attended at that place! Highly recommended!Written 12 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Cairo
- These places are best for conference & convention centres in Cairo:
- Wekalet El Ghouri Arts Center
- Cairo International Convention & Exhibition Centre
- Makan Egyptian Center for Culture and Art